how did that happen??

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 02:05 pm
To all able2know founders, members and supporters:

I always tour many corners of the forum and I keep wondering:
The forum is SO big. You've got over 11 thousand members. Just HOW were you guys able to bring them all?? how were you able to keep them??? its really astonishing and very remarkable...just how did all that happen??

WonderJohn !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 911 • Replies: 13
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 03:12 pm
Baffles us, too. Its been a little over a year since startup, and one surprise after another. Whether we're doin' it right or not is subject to discussion, I s'pose ... and there's frequently discussion about that Rolling Eyes ... but whatever it is, it seems lots of folks like it enough to stick around and participate. That's what its all about, I figure.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:30 am
Hmm, a little reality check: I checked out of couriosity what number of 11.000 registered users are active users, and looks like only a small fraction of them have more than ten posts or so. But congrats go to founders,supporters &admins for the very high inflow of newbies Smile
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:42 am
Relative wrote:
But congrats go to founders,supporters &admins for the very high inflow of newbies Smile

Many of us newbies are refugees from the SunSpot bulletin board. Cool
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:52 am
Well hello doglover. This is the first general-purpose forum I've been a member of, and don't know much about the 'forum scene' out here.
I hope all refugees will be accepted warmly and will find their new home Wink
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:04 am
Thank you for the warm welcome, Relative. Yes, I have been warmly received by all the A2K posters I've encountered thus far and I do believe I have found my new home.

What I like most about A2K is the way members debate and discuss the issue at hand in a civil manner and do not resort to personal attacks when disagreement about an issue occurs. I also appreciate the fact that the moderators don't tolerate flamers and baiters. The forum I came from had quite a few 'master' baiters on board! :wink:
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:10 am
timberlandko wrote:
Baffles us, too. Its been a little over a year since startup, and one surprise after another. Whether we're doin' it right or not is subject to discussion, I s'pose ... and there's frequently discussion about that Rolling Eyes ... but whatever it is, it seems lots of folks like it enough to stick around and participate. That's what its all about, I figure.

You know what they say, word of mouth advertising is worth more than money can buy. That's how I wound up here.

In the short time I've been here I find it really nice to not have trolling and childish games and name calling that has been in previous forums.
I'm sure it pops up, but just about everywhere I've been has been a friendly, respectful area, even if the views on the subject are different.

Thanks for having me!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:44 am
like how long did it take you to reach that much number of registered users??? 5 years? 2 years? 10? 1? lol
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 06:08 am
A2K has been around less than two years. I was one of the earliest members, and a got onboard in September 2002. Many of the early members were refugees from another, moribund forum.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 10:15 am
The website hit the 'net August 19 of 2002, though it was not untill around mid-September of that year that the membership inflow began; the intervening period having been primarily a getting-things-working deal. By the end of 2002, there were well over 400 members, and in early March of 2003, the roster amounted to over 1,000 members. The 5000 mark was reached in early october of 2003, and the 10,000 member mark was passed in early February of this year. At the time of this posting, the members number something around 12,200, more than 300 of whom tally over 100 individual posts apiece. All of this can be determined by browsing through The Memberlist. Incidentally, as shown on the HOME page, there are well over 600,000 articles posted here as of this writing.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:05 am
Camille wrote:

In the short time I've been here I find it really nice to not have trolling and childish games and name calling that has been in previous forums.
I'm sure it pops up, but just about everywhere I've been has been a friendly, respectful area, even if the views on the subject are different.

Thanks for having me!

You probably won't believe this question, but what is a troll? I've seen this word for years and really don't know what it is... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:28 am
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/t/troll.html
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 04:38 pm
Thanks, Craven!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:18 am
so what exactly is that troll used for craven??
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how did that happen??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 02:15:01