Is There Any Such Thing as a Successful, Polyamorous Marriage?

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:01 pm
With the popularity of Showtime's new show, I have to wonder if anyone here has ever been involved in or knows about a successful polyamorous marriage? If so, what makes them successful?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 873 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 06:13 pm
@sambeckett,
Perhaps you'd care to define "polyamorous"?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 03:54 pm
Oh, I know and understand the etymology of the word quite well, eslynne. I just wasn't sure whether it was used in the sense of 'open marriage' or 'swinging' or some other sense that I am unfamiliar with. Not sure what, exactly, the OP is asking.
sambeckett

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 08:22 am
@Lustig Andrei,
More in terms of an open marriage.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 08:43 am
You should probably ask people who are in the situation. Cheating spouses or unfaithful boyfriend/girlfriend themes are often seen on this site. The feelings of betrayal are immense.

You don't say if this is a MUTUALLY agreed upon way of life.

If so, I can say that it does not last long.
sambeckett

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 09:26 am
@PUNKEY,
Let's say mutually agreed upon as a last resort to prevent divorce. I'm not entirely sure about my decision. .. . . . . .
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 09:33 am
@sambeckett,
You should also define "successful".
sambeckett

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 09:47 am
@maxdancona,
Successful, to my mind, means an active, healthy sexual relationship with your spouse while also having the feelings of security and safety that comes with a good relationship present for allparties involved.
0 Replies

nydia2013

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 10:06 am
@sambeckett,
It would help if the woman was ugly, couldn't get a man all her own; being not too bright, as well as non-demanding. This might make for a successful polyamorous marriage.
sambeckett

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 10:13 am
@nydia2013,
Probably, ha ha. In my case, it's my wife who has a lover and wants an open marriage. I am not the one who asked for this, but I did agree to it.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 10:37 am
@sambeckett,
If you're comfortable with it, and she's comfortable with it, then I don't see whyit couldn't work.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is There Any Such Thing as a Successful, Polyamorous Marriage?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:46:36