Thu 28 Feb, 2013 01:00 am
Double curtain rods are simply two rods, one in front of the other, on one bracket. Some double rods will have a smaller rod closest to the wall, which is meant to hold sheer or lightweight curtains. Here are some instructions for installing double curtain rod.
1. Place the curtain bracket 2 inches beyond the window frame and 4 inches higher than the frame. Hold the bracket against the wall and mark the screw holes with a pencil.
2. Drill pilot holes at the pencil marks. Pilot holes are needed especially when mounting into a stud.
3. Align the bracket with the pilot holes and screw it to the wall using a screwdriver and the screws that came with the package. Select the correct screwdriver for the screws, either a flathead or Phillips head.
4. Attach the second bracket to the opposite side of the window frame using the same measurements and steps as the first bracket.
5. Place the curtains on the rods and attach the rods to the brackets. Arrange the curtains to create an even flow of fabric.