Why so much wasted effort

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 12:17 pm
A typical example, posting #…….293 in thread "Say What You Want"

http://able2know.org/topic/207004-2

As a response in a contentious interchange between two of our most virulent contributors; well written, carefully reasoned in faultless English, 1044 words (by actual count); which if I a Journ grad and erstwhile writer had undertaken, might have required the better part of an hour

Addicted by the medium I've nonetheless been responsible for many such tirades myself, consuming a morning better devoted to reading the Daily Press or even yardwork. But "Nobody cares what you think," points out my No. 2 Son and of course he's right. But alas here I am once more

(…among so many remarkable folk, who must forgive an 82-year-old Average Clod (me) on the cusp of Alz's, ranting for no apparent purpose, upsetting all here and about, no excuse whatever

It's a compulsion)

Actually of course in the cited case somebody does care, and often in like instances two or three others. But realistically now, who cares about the feelings and opinions of a couple of far-off strangers at a remote website

That's not to denigrate a2k in any way, I for one love the site, eg, it's very valuable, especially to the many ESL who gain through its facility so much valuable insight in the construction of our palaver, not to mention all those news items we might otherwise overpass

But why all the extended vitriol, in a world on the verge of destruction through environmental neglect, overpopulation, a second nuclear war; the wasted effort that might have been put to a so much more constructive end

Incidentally the ESL shouldn't emulate me, my lack of commas, my overuse of the semi, lack of closing stop
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 477 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 12:57 pm
I wrote that post while doing other things online. I don't waste time writing such posts, because the information is already in my head, or i know where quickly to find it. Quite apart from that, if i don't have another reason, a good reason, to be online, then i'm not going to show up here.

You consider that vitriol? You're a loon. Did you actually read the sneering post to which i responded? The one with all the begged questions, all the assumptions which are, i suspect, based on that member's preferred political polemic? Are you familiar with the other contributions by that member? Perhaps you should try, to use a hackneyed expression i think you probably would like, walking a mile in my shoes, my virtual shoes.

For example, i've got this octogenarian clown apparently attempting to pick a fight. How sad for him that it's not working out well vor him.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 02:35 pm
@Setanta,
Gee, golly, ….., I thought it was complimentary
Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 04:00 pm
@dalehileman,
like a mint on his pillow?
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 04:24 pm
http://imageshack.us/a/img37/6054/cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 01:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
like a mint on his pillow?
Good'n' Rock, you've made my entire day

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why so much wasted effort
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:37:33