The Thing About The Internet

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:41 pm
Scrat and I are soooo opposite in our political beliefs and have gotten pretty snotty with each other in the past.

Then, through an accident of geography and interests scrat and I met face to face and discovered that even though we are so different in our core beliefs we're both pretty cool guys.

I like scrat, even though I'll never agree with him on many things. Makes me wonder how many other right wing scumbags I might like if I actually met them and interacted with them. Maybe I'd find that they weren't really scumbags at all, just regular people who have the same goals as me, but a different roadmap for how to reach them.

Just goes to show that even in this age of high technology there's never been, there isn't and there never will be a substitute for real human interaction.

bush inc. is still all scumbags though IMO. That much won't change.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,417 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:53 pm
and to think, Bi. I once thought that he was a cool girl. Cool Well, there are a lot of Republican musicians, I guess. Bet he doesn't know who Clifford Brown is, however.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 01:04 pm
Don't let it go without a fist fight, BPB....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 01:10 pm
I have discovered that even without meeting some folks here face to face, often our similarities outweigh our differences. It helps when people jet around to different forums. I may not agree with someone on politics, but on music and literature we may be completely on the same wavelength. You just never know. One of my best friends is a right-winger, but we have a lot of other things in common.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:10 pm
A guy with a squiggle like that as an avatar (unless it is a photo!?) can't be all bad...

I don't assume I wouldn't like most conservatives here - I DO like lots of them already.

You gonna tell us more about the great meeting, or is it all private?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:25 pm
The meeting must have been a private affair. There are a couple of things both liberals and conservatives have in common: Substance abuse and a penchant for hookers. The only difference is that conservatives aren't so up front about their addictions. Laughing That must have been it. I picture a hotel room, some cocktails, and manly stories about the great fight on both sides....it really must have been something to see. Mind you, if Scrat actually looks like his avatar, I would think that would cost extra for a lady of the night, and them conservatives always bitch about spending.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:33 pm
Howard the Duck did ok......

And I do ok - for a rabbit...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:37 pm
Actually I learned that Scrat played in a band and I needed an opening band for a show we were doing and since we both live in Raleigh I offered his band the gig. They did a nice job and Scrat is a nice guy.

As far as susbstance abuse and hookers are concerned I would think that after all this time you could make the connection to the fact that I am the standard by which good behavior is measured in musicians and quite frankly I am horrified that you would think differently. What gave the idea I would be involved in such nefarious doings?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:41 pm
Actually, nothing, BPB, I was just playing around...and I do remember a comment that you couldn't be the only wiseass here. Twas all in fun, my man. How is Scrat's band, btw?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:41 pm
I like to hope you'd all like me if you met me, just stay off the political topics. One can dream.

I know there is a San Francisco gathering coming up, but me being a moderate conservative voice in an ocean of lefties out here, no way I'm going to that. They might eat me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:44 pm
I can't resist....who eats better, lefties or righties?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 04:33 pm
Well, I am right handed and fairly proficient at using my right hand to stuff food in my mouth.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 04:39 pm
Hmm....somehow, I wasn't thinking about food when I mentioned eating...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 06:28 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Actually, nothing, BPB, I was just playing around...and I do remember a comment that you couldn't be the only wiseass here. Twas all in fun, my man. How is Scrat's band, btw?

did you go for that Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 06:38 pm
The leftie/liberals won't eat you chjsa because they would know you wouldn't agree with them. Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
What, BPB, Scrat doesn't really have a band? Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 08:31 pm
Oh yeah he does and they sound fine...they did a nice job for us and got their own booking back into the place....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 08:34 pm
Scrat and Bi-Polar, live at the ________!

If A2K ever needs another fundraiser, that'd pay for servers for 10 years.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:02 am
Imagine the merchandise, soz! The other bands out there have t-shirts, and we got...?Lots a different stuff, ociffer...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:04 am
Maybe there is hope for me and Frank Wink

.... jus kidding! LOL
I meant Dys...

nor err Set...
err no
I really mean.................
damn I forgot..................
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Thing About The Internet
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 12:02:21