No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 06:49 am
@margsy,

130d popular opinion = VOX POPULI
margsy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:58 am
@Region Philbis,
Thank you so much, never thought of it being a latin name.
James34

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:51 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
Have not started this one yet but
299a is a SHINGLE
Snow going and everything back to normal. Sorry about your car.
James
fresco

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:52 am
@margsy,
First one YOKE
and try SIGNAGE for third (if clue is correct)
margsy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 09:14 am
@James34,
Thank you james 34, the menfolk managed to get the car out of its drift,they got to the shop and got my usual shopping list plus some extras and four bags of salt, used most of it out in the road, we are only a street of about 12 houses,but we were the only ones who salted the road, some daft bloke shovelled the snow round his daughters car right into the path and on top of the already melting road,thanks to the salt, so out went my son and shovelled it onto somewhere where it would not be a hinderance, some people are so daft it makes one wonder where their brains are.Hope you are all okay where you are, l am not allowed to go out as l need sticks to help me walk,and they did not fancy having to pick me up off the floor, l am a big lady you see. ah well perhaps might get out weekend, we are forcasted for rain.ttfn keep safe & warm
ps, sorry about the rant. l am famous for me speaking my mind.
margsy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 09:17 am
@fresco,
Got the yoke one myself after trawling through crossword solver, and as l expected it was on the last page of 20 pages,will check out the other one, its a bit of a stinker, ha.Thank you for your help.
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 09:22 am
@fresco,
l looked up your word, SIGNAGE, but some of the letters did not fit, especially G, as the clue for that down word, muslim mystic,which is SUFI, will keep on going though, then its onto the baffler.
0 Replies

James34

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 09:57 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
I think you will find it is definitely shingle. A small signboard. Your letters are all in the correct place. You will see it in Western movies, the Doc or Lawyer hanging out his shingle.
Pity the bloke did not put his brain in gear before moving the snow , thoughtless.
Stay warm
James
philcottie

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 06:12 pm
@James34,
Hi margsy Shingle is correct crossing words are IRKS<SUFI<GNAWING and ENSUE.philcottie.
margsy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 03:58 am
@James34,
Thank you james, the word the word shingle certainly fits but looking at it properly shingle is what we find on beaches,never heard of it as a nameplate.We are beginning to thaw out a bit,looked at our local forecast and the temps do not go below 0 for a few days, we live in hope.
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 04:00 am
@philcottie,
Thank you phillcottie, those words are the same the ones l have got, but thank you anyway.
0 Replies