Australian Aboriginals

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 07:10 am
I wish to leave a gift, in my will, to Australian Aboriginals? Can anyone give legit (non-governmental [run by Aboriginal, if possible]) organisations dealing with Aboriginal welfare? Also, is the term "Aborignal" offensive, as I don't wish to offend anybody? If so, what is the acceptable terminology?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 664 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 01:06 pm
@Germanicus,
Germ, unless you're a bot, could you explain your motive, then without revealing anything critical to your ID, many of us might be curious about yourself; age, sex, nationality, ed., family, work, etc

http://thesaurus.com/browse/Aboriginal?s=t
Germanicus

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 03:53 pm
@dalehileman,
Hi. I just feel great sympathy for Australian Aborigines. People around the world fight discrimination, and rightly so, but they seem to have forgotten about Native (I hope that's not offensive) Australians. Don't forget, they only got the right to vote in the 1960's. Imagine being second class citizens in one's own country. bye the way, I am not anti-Australian - far from it. I have no interest in politics and my religion is CHEMISTRY/PHYSICS.

PS. What the hell is a "BOT"?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 07:25 pm
@Germanicus,
It's shorty for "robot"

http://www.webhostingratings.com/glossary/Bot.html

Some participants claim that a2k is virtually overrun by them
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:02 pm
@Germanicus,
The Aboriginal Advancement League, based in Melbourne, assist Aboriginals with health, educational, financial, etc, matters, while also preserving the culture, traditions and artefacts.
'Aboriginal' is a perfectly acceptable word.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Australian Aboriginals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:48:23