This has got to be one of the largest phpBB forums I have ever seen Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 861 • Replies: 17
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 03:04 am
The quality and level of the discussions is outstanding as well. The extremely bright and interesting regulars here, the creation and development and moderating of this site have all contributed to making it so.

Welcome!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 03:06 am
"Yes" to InfraBlue's response - and "welcome here", Kinyo, too!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 03:38 am
Plus our owner/founder's skill at search engine optimization....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 05:51 am
Kinyo- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 07:52 am
whats a phpBB mean?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 08:28 am
Farmerman

http://www.phpbb.com/

Welcome Kinyo Very Happy
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 10:08 am
Howdy kinyo.

Just a quick alert...stay away from the bunny. Her teeth might be crooked, but they are sharp.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
Thanks, kev, very helpful!

Hi, kinyo! Welcome!
0 Replies

Kinyo

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:23 pm
Weird, see I have a forum of my own as well with nearly 4000 members, not as large as this great site of course. I have a high search engine ranking as well, supportive moderator crew, supportive members, however it seems that the new users post once, then never return it's weird. So then the regulars get bored of seeing the same people since the new users never stay so they leave heh. So it is very hard to maintain a good forum, a lot of people think all you have to do is set one up, ask people to join then everyone will spread the word and you can sit back and let your memberlist grow, but it doesnt work that way Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:47 am
Kinyo- I think that every forum has their share of single postings. If you check our memberlist, you will find that there are lots of people who have joined, posted once, and never returned. That is the nature of the beast. I think that the idea is to develop a loyal nucleus of regular posters. They will attract other people.

I think that internet forums are no different than other organizations. It most every club there are a small group of people who are very active, but the vast majority aren't.
0 Replies

Kinyo

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:52 am
Well the problem with my site is that my most popular members backstabbed me and created their own copy of my site, then invited all of my members to join theirs, so when new users join they go to them since that is where everyone is now Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:58 am
Kinyo - Oh! In that case I think it is important to analyze what went wrong, and take steps to make sure that it won't happen again.

Why were you backstabbed? (Be brutally honest to yourself) Why did the members choose to leave your site and go to the other one?
0 Replies

Kinyo

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:14 am
LOONGGGGGGGGGGGg story, and I promise you I am being completely honest when I say this, I feel that I am right in every case but others think I am lying. Basically it had to deal with an attractive popular girl on my forums (who was also my girlfriend) she treated people wrong, coning them and lying to them without their knowledge, and after all my attempts to tell her that what she was doing was wrong, she still continued so I told her it would be best to leave my site so it wouldnt make matters worse, she didnt want to listen and kept conning people so I banned her, she lied to some of my best supporters and said that I harassed her, so they blindly left without asking me for my side of it, and they copied my forum EXACTLY, same forums, topics, everything. They emailed over 500 of my members to join their forums because I am a bad person, I publically commented on what really happened since they spread so many bad things about me, many people didnt believe me and they left, and those peopel then continued to spread the false rumor to new members and it just grew from there.

People who flame others and break the rules are warned then banned. Those who are banned then attack my site and my members scaring them off.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:17 am
Quote:
Those who are banned then attack my site and my members scaring them off.

If members are banned, how can they access your site?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:18 am
That truly sucks, Kinyo. You are welcome here.
0 Replies

Kinyo

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:30 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Those who are banned then attack my site and my members scaring them off.

If members are banned, how can they access your site?

AOL members and other ISPs that have Ips that rapidly change are able to still login under different names. They also have "spies" who invite members to join that other forum. I think I finally found out who it was because when I banned the person for publically insulting me on the forums who I suspected of secretly inviting my members to join the other site, all of the invites stopped. But see here is the thing, I believe what I have done was right, but for some reason others do not so I have to ask myself if perhaps I am wrong? To be honest with you the one thing all of those people have in common is that they were not intelligent, the minute someone said something bad they jumped right on the bandwagon.

Imagine if someone here said "able2know is a bad site dont go there" and people blindly said "Really? ok thanks for telling me I wont go there anymore" I cannot believe there are people in this world would actually think like this. Of course this is my side of the story, I think the other people who spread these rumors have a better story then mine to make everyone leave, but I promise to God that I am telling the truth.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:41 am
Sometimes, trying to defend yourself to press your point does more harm than good. Being "right" or "wrong" doesn't matter when emotions take over.

I'm not famaliar with your site Kinyo but others may have seen your comments about the situation as "whinning" or simply bad blood between a former couple.

It sounds like the line between your personal life and your running of the site got blurred.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wow, how did this forum get so huge?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:01:15