Which natural remedies you should prefer to keep away your Dog from Ticks ?

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:49 am
Suggestions for ticks free Dog ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,871 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:52 am
@indianpetstore,
spam doesn't work on this.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@indianpetstore,
tea tree oil is supposed to be somewhat effective, pulling them out, at least some varieties, results in the head left in, you can pull many out of a healthy dog, though not so many if immunity is low, infection can arise.

I do not know if a hot knife will force them out, never tried.
Your not supposed to do that, (pulling them out) but in 3rd world and uncharted places it may have to be the case.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:06 pm
@indianpetstore,
If you find a good solution, let me in on it. I live in the country. When my dogs and I walk down the trail through our woods, the ticks come flying at us. It's colder now so they have eased off but they are horrible in the summer.
JTT

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
In warm to hot weather, dunk 'em in the stock tank. You gotta hold the dog in for a bit, head up, of course, so as to not scare the bejibbers outta them. That's what moose do to get rid of ticks, soak in a lake or slough.

In hot weather it's great for you too.

To make it easier on the person, me, I'd take them for a loooooong walk thru the creek, lengthwise [is there a preposition to describe that] I'd keep moving across side to side to stay in the deep part so they would be mostly immersed.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:16 pm
@JTT,
Um, that might work but our creek is full of water moccasins so I stay away from there. In the summer, you can see them curled up on the sand ledge in the shade. ewwwwwwwwwww!
JTT

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Um, that might work but our creek is full of water moccasins so I stay away from there.

Just sneak up on 'em when it's cool out and tie some fishin' weights to their tails, Arella.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:30 pm
@JTT,
I hate snakes! I can stand just about anything but snakes just make my skin crawl. I still remember that kid at the hospital walking around with one on his neck. Yikes!
0 Replies