Gifts for Nurses

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:24 pm
What are some of the appropriate gifts that you can give to nurses?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 1,848 • Replies: 14
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:25 pm
@amygarside,
You expect gifts?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:29 pm
@amygarside,
A day off
A gift certificate for a pedicure and/or foot massage
A gift certificate for a nice restaurant

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
Some nurses are wonderful and some are proto negligent. In any case, nursing is their job.
Some of my best friends are nurses and nurse practioners. One has her own company and another is high up in the red cross. I've known them since they started. They both have human emotion and acknowledgement is good.

They don't want packages for what they do daily. They have enough to deal with. Perhaps they would like it in their first week as a nurse.

Maybe Amygarside wants packages.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:43 pm
@amygarside,
Long ago, George Raft gave his nurses little lapel watches. They were kind of neat, hanging upside down so the nurses could raise them by hand and be able to read them. George was a fairly well off actor, though, and this was before intensive care had been invented. He had private duty nurses every shift; one nurse to one patient.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 08:04 pm
@roger,
I was too sharp. One, tell the nurse thank you in person. To go further, tell her superior how great she is. To go further, donate to the hospital.
amygarside

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:20 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate them.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:21 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you I was also thinking about some of the things you mentioned.
romynash

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 12:08 am
@amygarside,
A wrist watch could be the best one........
SangeetaSharma

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:21 am
@romynash,
Its Nothing about gifting someone to related to her professional. So give her what she likes
0 Replies

letsgiftdotnet

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@amygarside,
Hospitals usually have very strict policies about what staff can and can't accept as gifts. Your best bet will be to bring food or a card (or cards). If you *do* bring food, make sure it's purchased (versus home-made), as people can have a variety of food allergies. My opinion is that basically everyone loves chocolate.
0 Replies

hilogogifts

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
hooo , A DAY OFF. good idea
0 Replies

victor12

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:41 am
gifts vouchers would have been good ideas for nurses...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 01:26 pm
Oh yeah, that's just what a licensed nurse wants, some crappy fantasy nurse costume.

It had never been determined if this was a gift for a friend/relative who is a nurse, or someone who had cared for the person.

If the latter, there are usually very strict guidelines outlined by the nurses employer as so what can be accepted as a gift. Meaning a very small dollar amount, a token of appreciation.
0 Replies

HeavenD

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 02:12 pm
@amygarside,
My mom is a L&D nurse and has had a few people do things like this through out the years. Ranging from heartfelt thank you cards to extravagant gift cards. It is always such a nice surprise when she gets something from a mother. I plan on doing something for my L&D nurses, too. My mom's favorite things are always little snack type things (preferably resealable-they may not have a chance to eat for awhile). I plan on doing snacks, some note cards (I have a home business), some drinks - cokes, waters, etc. and a potted plant of some sort - just a bunch of little stuff. Good luck, hope I helped!
0 Replies