To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall Gears of War from your computer.
2. After Gears of War is uninstalled, delete any Gears of War files or folders that remain on the system.
3. Reinstall Gears of War from the DVD.
4. After Gears of War is successfully installed, make sure that you do not start the game.
5. Visit the following Microsoft Web site to download the latest Games of War update.
6. Save the download to your Desktop.
7. When the download is complete, close the Windows Internet Explorer browser, and then view your Desktop.
8. Double-click the executable file that was downloaded to your computer. The English version is called "GearsPC_TU3_Microsoft."
9. After the update is complete, start Gears of War.
Thanks and Regards,