Mac editing revisited still again

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 02:13 pm
(Oh, the perfect typist who never hits the wrong key should skip this OP entirely but the participant seemingly angry at all times about nearly everything might find here abundant ammunition to set him off in a blaze of indignation)

Have you had this experience and if not why not

In the following thread

http://able2know.org/topic/203144-1#post-5186260

I make some unkind remarks about Mac's editing capabilities but I am at present especially incensed about a gaffe introduced in his last rev: While you're typing if you inadvertently hit certain other keys, Mac now just quits recording your strokes with no warning of any sort

So at the end of a long para you glance up and the rest is totally absent while of course there's have no way to know what you did wrong because it was inadvertent--while Mac provides no flag of any sort

(I should explain I use the term "Mac" referring to all incompetent programming of which I have encountered scores if not hundreds of such instances. In some cases of this very sort, though few, they have responded to my urgings by making the necessary correction. In this particular case, however, their response has been incredibly sluggish)

(As I had mentioned in the link, Mac awards regular prizes to his editing programmers who find the most new ways to frustrate and anger the user such as we or to complicate our work)

But what puzzles me to distraction is, apparently in the entire world using Mac apparently nobody else has complained of this present affront to human intelligence else it would have been corrected months ago

Am I alone, or is it all a dream

(Any pub wishing to pick up and repub has my explicit permission)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 779 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 02:38 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh incidentally and almost equally egregious is Mac's determination not only to refuse the rest of a para but to cut you off right in the middle of composing an OP, with the message, "You can't edit this post now"

Gee, thanks, Mac, your minions are really cl;ever. Whichever one thought of this one should immediately get a raise and be promoted

Oh but do advise him that sometimes we hit two keys atx a time and therefore "cl;ever" isd a misspelling of "clever" (while, coincidentally, "isd" is one of "is"
and "atx" of "at")

(The latter two being very common everyday words familiar to practically everyone else though I understand your unfamiliarity with "clever" as it contains so many more letters)

Or Mac, don't you let them use a standard keyboard
dalehileman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 02:55 pm
@dalehileman,
Mac your workers also cuty me off right in the middle of the last posting where I was about to explain to our participants how you select an applicant for the editing-programmer position, that he is a savant competent at programming but of low IQ and not facile with the language (Oh guys, "cuty" s/b "cut," it means to slice…, the difficulty being the proximity of the "t" to the "y")

Oops again forgive me, that's a big word, What it means is the "y" is right next to the "t"

….and at the end of the day has to be led to the front door by his supervisor when his wife picks him up and and drives him home, where his children help feed him (he has some difficulty distinguishing a fork from a spoon) and put him to bed

Mac, Mac, hear me. Some of us, at least amongst the touch typists, would hope you would begin recruiting candidates for the editing positions more nearly suited to the requirement; IQ higher than 14.5 and at least a 3d grade language capability

Two fingers is ok though. We can't expect too much
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mac editing revisited still again
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:46:34