Word problem revisited

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:39 pm
Not that it can't be done but I seem to have lost the capability due possibly to old age but more likely to an inadvertent keystroke:

In Word, I can no longer delete (or preferably, trash) a file

Yes I've been to"Customize toolbar," opening every facility for a total of some 119 icons, but none of them is labeled "Delete" nor "Trash"

My Better Half, whom you will surely agree is much smarter than I, brought my attention to the "Trash" browser (?) icon accessible over there to the bottom or left of the screen, surely the answer thought I, until it became apparent that in Word one simply can't drag a file title

Some of my PC-expert cohorts have asked, "But why in the world would you want to delete a file given the capacity of a modern hard drive," but believe me fellas, there's a very good reason

Can anyone immediately advise

Thanks fellas
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 430 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 02:18 pm
@dalehileman,
This works in the Windows version, don't know if it will work in the Mac version.

Start Word. Click Open to view the list of your Word documents. Use this list to locate the file you wish to delete and click on that file name. You can then either press the delete key on your keyboard or right click your mouse and choose Delete.

If that doesn't work for you, you'll need help from someone familiar with the Mac interface. Perhaps your son can help you with it.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 02:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
Another thing you might try if what I suggested doesn't work for you, while in the Word program, click the F1 function key on your keyboard. That should bring up the Help files for Word. Do a search on the phrase Delete File to see what it offers as the solution.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 03:07 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
If that doesn't work for you, you'll need help from someone familiar with the Mac interface.
Thank you anyhow But for your concern

Quote:
Perhaps your son can help you with it.
In fact there are two of them and the first to visit his old Man has promised to help
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 03:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks again But but the F1 does nothing

Doubtless I've made an inadvertent keystroke sometime weeks ago but what bothers me so much is that apparently Mac's editing programmers get prizes for devising new ways to frustrate the unfortunate PC user by such an accidental strike
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Word problem revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:27:08