Springtime : Good Resolutions

Noddy24

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:43 am
I am a woman of perpetual optimism and painfully accquired wisdom. New Year's Resolutions challenge your willpower during the darkest times of the year and are frequently doomed to failure because you're fighting off the urge to hibernate.

Spring approaches. My life is complicated right now by being back on crutches, but I have hopes that by high summer I'll have lost my last 20-25 pounds.

Does anyone else have glorious ambitions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:52 am
Hmm, my springtime ambition is to plant herbs.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:02 am
Not so much a springtime resolution, but I too hope to shed some pounds off. I'll hopefully start in sept., when the youngest kid is finally off to school.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:50 am
Jespah--

Herbs in window boxes or herbs in the dirt?

Turner--

Believe me as a woman of vast experience, losing weight is easier in the spring and summer than later in the year. Not only do you have the inspiring influence of increasing sunshine in the spring come July and August there are days when eating in the heat is far too much trouble.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:56 am
Yeah, I know what you mean, Noddy. My problem is, during the summer I sleep during the day. So it's not as hot for me when I'm eating. That, and I work in an air-conditioned environment that's kept at about 20 degrees C. (That's 68 to us americans.)

But the good news is I'll have all the kids gone, so I'm thinking I've got a shot at it this time.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:02 am
Noddy, the arrival of spring has always been a time of feeling energetic and full of life.

Dys and I are planning on moving from an apartment to a little house, but it probably won't happen until this fall. It will be heaven to have a garden and the ability to get outside without having to traverse an apartment complex.

Twenty or thirty big ones--my usual winter hibernation weight. Off, damn pounds!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:10 am
Turner--

Topsy-turvy sleeping hours are difficult for dieting. Still, there will be eight daylight hours when you won't be sleeping.

Diane--

Go, girl go! This year I conquered the winter munchies, but my flab is practically family heirloom quality fat and just as heartbreaking to get rid of.

We can do it. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:31 am
I'm thinking a window box o' herbs. And the weight is a perpetual thing, feh.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:21 am
Oh, that damn weight thing. I have about two-three months before it gets hotter n' hell in Florida. If I don't drop some weight, I will feel just awful in the heat. Now THAT'S a motivation!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:29 am
Crutches, Noddy? Still?

I am walking to work four days a week - and back, so far. Hope it helps to re-establish my exercise routine...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 08:00 am
Jespah, Phoenix, Dlowan--

Diane and I would love company.

In 2003 I lost 40 pounds. I now weigh 135 and would like to loose another 20-30 pounds. No, I'm not inspired by anorexic fashion models--I have tiny bones and they are very fragile tiny bones.

I've been back on crutches--actually one crutch--for a week now. I was over confident about crossing an icy patch, slipped, torqued (twisted, like taking the lid off a jar) and now I have a dandy stress fracture in my "bad" leg. "Bad" leg has had three fractures; "good" leg only one.

Unfortunately, I can still gimp to the refrigerator.

Springtime! New beginnings!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Springtime : Good Resolutions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 10:02:20