April Fool's Day - It's almost time (kinda)

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 02:59 pm
I want to know what the best 4/1 trick you've played on someone or have had played on you.

Mine was a call to my mom on her job to come up to H. R. because of a complaint that had been filed. I was surprisingly able to disquise my voice so that she was unable to catch it.

She laughed after getting over her initial anger :-) that lasted about 2 minutes.

April Fools' is coming nigh
trick your neighbors by and by
play a tricky joke or two
and say "April Fools and pooh on YOU!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,530 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:45 pm
It's my favorite day of the year.

My favorite trick is to make all "dlowan" and "deb" turn into debbie on these boards.

I think I'll do it again this year.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:58 pm
I'll be too busy to compute on April 1st - such a pity...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:27 pm
I always like telling my wife "I don't love you anymore" and then saying "April Fools". Man, that gets the pots flying, but the make-up sex is always great.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:00 pm
Ain't a funny line to me, I've heard it for real. As time passes I can just begin to sort of chuckle...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:34 pm
I always enjoy sitting on top of high buildings with a cauldron of boiling oil. I peer over the edge and when I see a group of businessmen walking below, I pour the oil on them.

You should hear the screams.

Then I laugh and shout, "April Fools!"
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:35 pm
In school, I set all the clocks an 40 minutes ahead. That was fun.
Got a blond wig and came into work. It was an hour before people realized who I was.

Arranged a wedding for two people that barely knew each other. They showed up to a company dinner (fundraiser) and everyone else played their part. We had ministers, people stood in as maid of honour, groomsmen, we invited parents, family, speeches were said, choirs sung, a minister presided. It was a blast.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:36 pm
Wow Ceili, you have a real talent for this!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:46 pm
I have devious mind, not necessarily a good thing, but it keeps me occupied. :wink:
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:00 pm
The best one I ever heard of is a teenager who kept the local newspaper from the previous April 1. Then he arranges for his parents to buy a lotto ticket with last year's winning numbers. Then shows his parents that their lotto ticket and the newspaper's winning numbers match. They got all excited until they found out the numbers were a year old. Not a stunt to be performed if your victims have shotguns or meat cleavers nearby.

My favorite stunt is to get about 2 dozen of those 'mixed nuts' spring-loaded snakes, put them into a mailing tube and fedex them the night before to the person at the next desk.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:08 pm
Ceili, you must be great fun at a party!! That is the best joke I've ever heard.

One that got me for a few seconds was done by NPR, the public radio station here in the States. A few years ago they ran a news item that said the Boston Celtics had decided to change the pronunciation of Celtics from the usual American way of saying 'sell tics' to the more traditional, 'kell tics. It had me wondering until they said "April Fools."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 12:03 am
I told my husband of one month that we were pregnant. I was 39 and he was 49. He said all of the right things but horror was written all over his face. I couldn't keep the joke going. Couldn't hold it. His eyes were about to roll right out of his head.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 01:45 am
BBB
Many years ago, I bought a large easel on my lunch hour and told my co-workers about it. The next day, April 1st, prior to going to work, I made up my face and body as if I had bad cuts and bruises. I put bandages on my arms and legs, got my crutches, and hobbled into my office. My co-workers were alarmed as I explained I had been carrying the large easel from my car to my house and had tripped over it and had a bad fall as the thing came crashing down on me.

My co-workers were so worried about me. My boss even asked me if I wanted to go home. I really poured the helpless thing on and they waited on me for everything I needed until lunch time came when I announced that I had a doctor's appointment.

I hobbled out to my car with the help of my co-workers and drove to a near by gas station and used the restroom to wash all the make up off my body. I removed all the bandages and put them in the trunk of my car along with my crutches.

I drove back to my office and walked in as if nothing had happened. My co-workers looked at me in surprise. They asked me what the doctor had said. I replied that he said I had only suffered "foolitis." It took everyone a few seconds to realize they had been conned. The entire office was in a laughing uproar.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 01:54 am
BBB
On another April Fools Day, I had learned the day before that a close friend's iron had finally quit working. I called up many of our friends and we planned a wake for the iron on April 1st.

We all showed up at my friend's house at 5 pm all dressed for a funeral. We got the poor dead iron and put it in a casket box and drove in a funeral procession up to a nearby hill where we dug a hole and burried the poor departed iron accompanied with dramatic wailing and proper eulogies.

We drove back to my friend's house where she found a brand new iron in a box at her front door.

BBB
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:17 am
Quote:
I told my husband of one month that we were pregnant. I was 39 and he was 49. He said all of the right things but horror was written all over his face. I couldn't keep the joke going. Couldn't hold it. His eyes were about to roll right out of his head.

That is beyond cruel, eoe.

I am no longer reading any April Fools stories on this thread. You are the obvious winner.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:56 am
I knew a computer programmer who took a week of vacation starting April 1. He reprogrammed his own office computer so that during shut-down, the screen no longer ran the standard message, "It is now safe to turn off your computer." Instead, it read, "It is not safe to turn off your computer."

Then he clicked "shut down" and left.

Sure enough, he returned a week later to find that nobody had gotten up enough nerve to turn the dang thing off. The message had even scared off his supervisors.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 12:41 pm
Apple Computer was formed on April 1, 1976, and has a long history of April Fools pranks. I remember once they "floated" either Jobs or Woz's car in one of the fountains at their Cupertino headquarters.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 02:49 pm
I got drunk once. On April Fools. Does that count?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:57 pm
I always tell my family I won the lottery. I've been doing it for 3 years now and it still works.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
Once at college, a guy cut thin strips of mylar (shiny silver plastic stuff) and carefully arranged them at the top of a huge plate glass window in the student union to resemble a nasty crack in the glass. A note was posted below the window on the Dean's official letterhead, saying that all students were restricted to campus, and all recreational activities would be suspended until someone came forward with the name of the culprit that vandalized this expensive window. It was perfect. Everybody believed it, INCLUDING the Dean.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » April Fool's Day - It's almost time (kinda)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:36:00