Fun Friday Post/Strange Juxtapositions

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:35 am
Strange juxtapositions can be a variety of things.
One that always strikes me, is here in Boston, going down into the subway station and smelling the warm, salty scent of buttery (or fake butter) popcorn, mixed with the other assorted, often grimy smells of the station.

Just one example. Please share any strange juxtapositions you have noticed, Able2Know minds want to know!
Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Equus

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:57 am
There's a TV commercial/public service announcement about being kind to kids.
"Are you the one that waved to me today? Or did you just ignore me?"
The commercial seems odd in encouraging adults to smile and wave at strange children in an age when children are taught to be wary of strange adults.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:43 am
Hi, edithdoll. Glad to see you here.

I expect this is going to be one of those discussions that last forever - and the way the place is set up, there is never a need to post a link to a continued discussion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:46 am
fresh catbox odor while eating (blech).
Walking down the sidewalk on a crisp autumn day and catching a wiff of a nearby cigarette.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:01 pm
Going into the Honda dealership to drop off the neat and tidy little Civic for service (though there's nothing wrong with it), and driving off in the huge, dented, knocking, poorly aligned, rusting 1985 Buick with the ceiling upholstery falling off and the brake linings worn down to fingernail-thickness (which is liable to be the death of me and several innocent bystanders).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:42 pm
This isn't exactly "fun", but the major international story on page A3 of the New York Times next to the Tiffany ad is always jarring. "Desperate, Starving Orphans in Banglastano" next to "Indulge Yourself! Our Diamond Inlaid Silver Spoon for only $11,000!" just bothers me.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:44 pm
(but that's what the new york times is all about...)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:08 pm
Texans are lovely people, they smile at you, look you right in the eye when talking to you, are not in a rush all the time, and just love to chat. Bit then they all drive like bats out of hell and almost all of them carry conceled weapons.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 03:59 pm
Getting stupid christmas cards all covered in snow and stuff in the middle of an Australian Summer!!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 04:02 pm
I got plenny a snow i kin send ya . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 04:05 pm
Okey dokey - you're on!

when will it arrive? - and how?
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 06:44 pm
dlowan -- If I could send you some of ours I would, we're supposed to have two inches tommorrow, and more on Tuesday sigh.

Another strange juxtaposition -- The other night wrapping presents, I was flipping around the TV channels and this movie "Jack Frost" with Michael Keaton was on. It's a kids movie, about a guy who comes back as a snowman. Anyway there's this scene, showing people on TV who have seen this "special snowman" and there was Henry Rollins the musican. I just don't think of him as a warm and fuzzy kids type, so I was thinking that was definitely a strange one.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fun Friday Post/Strange Juxtapositions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:10:44