Alt. energy

Wollyn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:38 am
At first alt. energy looks good, but I doubt it can displace traditional sources like oil and gas in nearest future. I would say use of alt. types of energy raise too many questions, like its ecological compatibility during production of its parts. Everybody knows that production of solar panels is very dangerous since they contain hazardous elements and other experiments with getting 'clean' and 'cheap' energy after summing everything up doesn't look like really worth trying. Honestly I'm a big fan of gas and I have to say it meet all my demands, like my house is heat by gas and my car uses it, the negative effect on nature is very-very low, so I feel no need to look for something that will replace an old and tested source of energy. I think that alt. stuff is Utopia, because I doubt that big cities like New York and London can make it using solar or wind energy. Nobody will worsen his living conditions, so alt. energy is a good idea, but it won't make it...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 830 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 12:47 pm
@Wollyn,
I've often wondered, Lyn, about the practicality of hydrogen fuel, as its byproduct is merely water; while its generation might restore oxygen being so rapidly depleted by so much fire worldwide. Of course the q arises where to get the energy for splitting the water; then if the practice became widespread the buildup of fog

Quote:
Everybody knows that production of solar panels is very dangerous…….doesn't look like really worth trying.
I hadn't heard the byproduct was so serious, else the green crowd wouldn't be promoting it. Your comment of course applies to nuclear fission , in spades: Obviously those who think about this sort of thing should have put it on hold til fusion becomes feasible

…but I guess it's too late. In 175 years our survivors will be blue in color with 13 fingers and three ears

Quote:
I'm a big fan of gas…..the negative effect on nature is very-very low,
Actually I've heard otherwise:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&cp=28&gs_id=32&xhr=t&q=natural+gas+only+half+as+bad&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=natural+gas+only+half+as+bad&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=9600789ecd7350ea&bpcl=38093640&biw=1546&bih=764

Quote:
so alt. energy is a good idea, but it won't make it...
It would if there weren't so many of us

A quick Googling shows that folk who thing about this sort of thing claim the planet is already overpop some 5 to 20 times

Perhaps we'll be better off with no survivors as a second nuclear conflict will far precede such environmental degradation
0 Replies