Courage or Integrity

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:30 am
Courage or Integrity
It is plain enough that courage or lack of it may be exhibited by people in all sorts of society. Therefore it may be seen as a value or virtue quite detached from social end values. But this is only if the values associated with courage are ignored. We praise our soldiers for their bravery in action, and also our police and others in their course of duty. But it is nonsense to claim that criminals are cowards, they are or are not as may happen. An altruistic society in creation requires people with values that relate to courage. The courage of their convictions, or integrity, or such other term as may be considered appropriate. Soldiers who serve this country should in fact be praised for their courageous integrity. Integrity defined by impartial courage - not taking sides other than in implicit value terms.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 618 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:04 am
@RW Standing,
I think I value integrity over courage, although I can't imagine how you could maintain your integrity without courage. Courage without integrity on the other hand seems feasible. But perhaps in thatcase, in the eyes of the courageous they are maintaining their integrity.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Courage or Integrity
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 12:32:08