Don't Underestimate HAAD?

Ascii27

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:52 am
Hi! I just want to released my experienced in HAAD. I just took the said exam just today Nov. 7, 2012 around 9am. I feel relaxed and i don't even feel any tension's or any anxiety. I just asked God's guidance and whatever the outcome, GOD has a special plan for my career. But before that, I'm an NCLEX passer year 2007. So I'm confident enough that I can passed this exam. It is a 150 items questioned to be answered for 180 minutes. As I answer the question's, I find it simple compared with NCLEX. I even finished the exam about 45 minutes ahead. Honestly I never expected that I failed because i feel the questions were simple basic fundamental's, calculations, pharmacology and drug interactions. Maybe the required number of correct answers in HAAD is a little bit higher compared with NCLEX. But in the end I never regretted taking, but an experience of to be learned that never underestimate any exams. Make the best preparations you can but even how prepared you are, it is not assurance to passed. It is a matter of luck in the end....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,736 • Replies: 6
No top replies

amygarside

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 11:26 pm
@Ascii27,
I like your attitude about taking this exam. It shows you are positive about it regardless of what happened. Where did you take you HAAD? How is it different from NCLEX. Most of the time I only hear about NCLEX.
brendaliegarcia13

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 11:09 am
@amygarside,
same experience here Smile i took the haad exam last oct31, 2012. I was also a Nclex passer. MOst of the questions that i have encountered were Nursing research, Ethics, and psyche. I was a bit surprised when the questions were those type because i just scanned clinical topics. I really did not prepare or review for the said exam because I believe that if its meant for you, then it is. And as a practicing nurse, answering clinical questions are a bit relief. MS questions were easy enough but no matter how hard you study or review, if the set of questions you're gonna answer are not familiar with you, then i assure it will be a very difficult exam. In the end, I failed. My first failed exam ever Smile. but im not sad about it. I'm happy that i have the idea on what type of questions they are preparing. It was just a proof that I did not have the power to choose the right answer, hehe
amygarside

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:23 pm
@brendaliegarcia13,
I agree with you, if you will pass then you will pass. Congratulations in your passing. Wishing you well in your nursing profession.
0 Replies

boxx

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 12:22 pm
@Ascii27,
haha, kaya ka nabagsak kc bobo ka, makikita naman sa grammar mo, ulol!!
confident ka pa!! kapal mukha!! B-)
0 Replies

pinkyme

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 04:47 am
@Ascii27,
so true! i took my first exam in January 2012, i had so much confidence i will pass it but i didnt....it was a very depressing and shocking experience to me that it took me 6 months to regain my self confidence and decided to take the exam again. I bought an nclex reviewer and i read the book page by page,memorized every detail which i think are significant. i took a leave at work for 10days and spent at least 9hrs everyday reviewing,and in July 2012, i passed my exam with flying colors! Smile
jeremiah2911

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 10:33 am
@pinkyme,
It was great to know that you made it at your second take of the exam. I have taken the exam before and I agree the questions in the exam were quiet easy but it is very disappointing to have failed after the result was out. I have a friend who works in Abu Dhabi for more than a year now and she passed the exam without necessarily preparing for it. I would somehow agree that passing the exam are for those who are sometimes lucky. Might as well, I am reconsidering about taking the exam again, this time with enough preparation and God will do the rest for me.
0 Replies