Define the word "respect"..?

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:02 pm
Hello my friends here on the world wide web.

I want to start by saying that I believe there is quite a bit of intelligence here on this website and therefore I brought my question to this place.

'Respect' is obviously a word which we have all heard more than a handful of times in our life and do doubt have used it ourselves, but do we really know what we mean when using it? I'm asking for your 'personal' definition, in other words don't go running to dictionary.com. I can do that myself.

So let the discussion begin! What do you mean by 'respect'?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 438 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:26 pm
Bumping this as I suspect that I am not the only one to find this curious and debatable.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:46 pm
Look it up in the dictionary if you don't know how to define it. Now take that definition and see what comes to your mind when you think of it, the associations that comes to you mind and you end up with a connotative definition.
Common sense, No?
JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:48 pm
@aspvenom,
Wouldn't it be more helpful to be-rid ourselves of the dictionary altogether in this situation to come up with a more pure and authentic definition? If we work off of pre-supposed ideas how are we to escape running in circles?
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 09:05 pm
Oh come off it folks! You can't spare a few moments to delve into your intellect to provide me with an adequate response and subsequent discussion?

I groweth bored!
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:16 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Hmm. Maybe you are the only one who finds this curious and interesting.
JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:57 pm
@Ticomaya,
Could it be as interesting as the Cardinals collapse this season after starting 4-0? Or as interesting as the lack of talent they have at starting O-line? How about the QB position?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Define the word "respect"..?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:08:54