puppy wet at night

navek65

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:50 am
How can i stop my 4 month pup fowling at night , he is dry at the day and is trianed to go in a trianed spot which he does , but at night even though he goes out late , and offen get up to him early morning around 2ish am , he still seems to pee or fowl before i get up around 7am . I have tried to all and i make sure there is no sent on the floor , so anyone any ideas or am i just hopping to much to soon , its just my 4th german and this is the only dog i have had this problem with , many thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

jcboy

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 11:58 am
@navek65,
When I was a kid my parents got me a little Shar pei puppy. When he was a pup he slept inside in his bed next to mine. At night before going to bed I would put the leash on him while he slept and hooked the leash to my bed post that way I would hear him if he woke up and immediately take him outside.

It didn’t take long to house break him and he never did his business inside.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:23 pm
@navek65,
Five hours is a long time to expect a four-month old puppy to hold on.

What kind of schedule do you have him on during the day? does he sleep in a crate or other contained space?
jcboy

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Five hours is a long time to expect a four-month old puppy to hold on.

Yes it is! We had to train Paco, Marco stays up later then me so he would take him out pretty late and I get up so early and would have to take him out again.
0 Replies

navek65

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:13 am
Hi thank you for your reply's, yes i thought , it was to long for him to wait , just that he is so good during the day . i dont have him in a crate , he has the kitchen at night with his bed in there , during the day he has whole house to settle in .
ehBeth

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:05 am
@navek65,
He would probably benefit from night-time crate training. Puppies try not to dirty where they are sleeping. Also, a lot of dogs feel safe in crates/caves.

Is he home alone during the day? If so, please don't let him roam through the entire house. That is dangerous for a puppy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » puppy wet at night
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:32:28