2

puppy wet at night

navek65

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:50 am
How can i stop my 4 month pup fowling at night , he is dry at the day and is trianed to go in a trianed spot which he does , but at night even though he goes out late , and offen get up to him early morning around 2ish am , he still seems to pee or fowl before i get up around 7am . I have tried to all and i make sure there is no sent on the floor , so anyone any ideas or am i just hopping to much to soon , its just my 4th german and this is the only dog i have had this problem with , many thanks

jcboy

1  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 11:58 am
@navek65,
When I was a kid my parents got me a little Shar pei puppy. When he was a pup he slept inside in his bed next to mine. At night before going to bed I would put the leash on him while he slept and hooked the leash to my bed post that way I would hear him if he woke up and immediately take him outside.

It didn’t take long to house break him and he never did his business inside.
ehBeth

1  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:23 pm
@navek65,
Five hours is a long time to expect a four-month old puppy to hold on.

What kind of schedule do you have him on during the day? does he sleep in a crate or other contained space?
jcboy

1  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Yes it is! We had to train Paco, Marco stays up later then me so he would take him out pretty late and I get up so early and would have to take him out again.

navek65

1  
Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:13 am
Hi thank you for your reply's, yes i thought , it was to long for him to wait , just that he is so good during the day . i dont have him in a crate , he has the kitchen at night with his bed in there , during the day he has whole house to settle in .
ehBeth

2  
Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:05 am
@navek65,
He would probably benefit from night-time crate training. Puppies try not to dirty where they are sleeping. Also, a lot of dogs feel safe in crates/caves.

Is he home alone during the day? If so, please don't let him roam through the entire house. That is dangerous for a puppy.

jonee56

0  
Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 09:33 am
@jcboy,
still too long a period for her to cling Puppies do for the most part do whatever it takes not to wet their particular slumbering range and cases are an imperative encourage but make an effort not to look for an excess of too soon.