Mega 21 UK Mega Mix

margsy

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 06:38 am
Can anyone please help me with clue 43a felt duck feathers landed on ground (T?A?H?D?O?N)many thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 631 • Replies: 5
No top replies

nextone

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 09:03 am
@margsy,
touched down
margsy

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:49 am
@nextone,
l feel silly now, there it is right i front of me but do l see it, no, daft apeth.thanks nextone,good luck.
nextone

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:47 am
@margsy,
That's why puzzles are fun, now you don't, now you see it

What is an apeth?
margsy

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:30 am
@nextone,
Not sure if it is the correct spelling, but it is an english saying that people say when they feel daft.l see that you are in NYC,whats the weather like over there,we here are having alternate days of nice and bad weather,today is a bit cold,overcast and windy, even the cat is in front of the fire today and not jumping around like she usually does when first coming indoors. ttfn x
nextone

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 08:24 am
@margsy,
We're having the best fall in quite a few years. Many days have been in the sixties, blue sky, sun, breeze. Some of the trees are beginning to go gold and red. Lucky you ( and lucky cat ) to have a fireplace !

Sunday was a beautiful day. I took a long walk and found a flea market. Bought a copy of Eats,Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. The book was a surprise best seller a few years back both in the U.K. and U.S.

Thanks for the explanation of "apeth". I love discovering new words and phrases. Perhaps "daft apeth" will be in a future Mega.
0 Replies