Timelines have no Creator

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 03:20 am
Timelines have no Creator
A timeline for today and another for tomorrow would preclude almost anything existing, unless they are linked.
They are the same timeline from a distant past.
Terms like, to create, cause, arise, accident, are all based in time.
The absolute beginning is so because time does not extend before it.
It is meaningless to use terms like creation, and 'how did it get here - by accident?"
A previous universe - if any - is only so because ours flowed out of it, on a linking timeline.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 490 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 04:00 am
According to those who subscribe to the "big bang" theory, time did not exist until the event took place. However, leaving that aside, the concept of a timeline has a human creator. Time may be argued to exist indeptendently of us, but the perception of its passage, and the quantification of time is a human creation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 04:28 am
Let me show you what i mean. If you and i were born on the same day, and, when we were both 20 years old, i went aboard an interstellar vessel, and quickly reached a speed which was a significant fraction of the speed of light, when i had traveled a distance equivalent to 20 light years, i might perceive that one year had passed. Meanwhile, back on earth, with you travelling a fraction of the speed of light so insignificant as to be meaningless, you would have perceived twenty years to have passed. According to my timeline, i'd have lived for twenty-one years, and i would be correct. According to your timeline, you'd have lived for forty years, and you would be correct. Timelines, the perception of the passage of time and its quantitication are human constructs, we create them.

Time to go back to school!
0 Replies