Why is there anything, revisited

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 03:52 pm
My answer is that everything is the way it is because that's the way it has to be

To be sure hardly definitive, but speculation occurs to add a requirement, and that is, everything proceeds according to evolution; it has to, it can't be "guided" any other way. If it starts out as a tiny very heavy blob of uniform composition, it can only evolve into matter and energy, with all the protons, neutrons, electrons, radiation, etc; there's no other way it could have happened

What bothers me about this however, is the central place in which intuition insists the evolvement has placed the humanoid, as if his very existence were a top priority. Indeed without him the entire Megillah seems a dreary, pointless, futile random bouncing of particles off one another in accordance with the necessary equations of mass and charge

God and all that stuff aside, all the constants seem to have been "adjusted," some within a fraction of one percent, to make the humanoid possible; but how can we possibly account for this goal since otherwise we don't appear to be at all necessary in any way
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 638 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 05:58 pm
@dalehileman,
Hmmm...I would ask myself, is it really intuition which makes us view the alleged central placement of the human entity as, well, central? Or is it just hubris? Why do we think that it makes even one particle of difference to the cosmos whether we, as a species, exist or perish? If we should perish, then that, too, would be just one more example of things being the way they are because they cannot be any other way.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 06:02 pm
My answer is, why does Dale ask questions instead of reading?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 12:33 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Hmmm...I would ask myself, is it really intuition which makes us view the alleged central placement of the human entity as, well, central?
In my own case Andy, anyhow

Quote:
Or is it just hubris?
Don't think so. I'm genuinely mystified by the apparent phenom

Quote:
Why do we think that it makes even one particle of difference to the cosmos whether we, as a species, exist or perish?
That's the basic question posed by Intuition

Quote:
If we should perish, then that, too, would be just one more example of things being the way they are because they cannot be any other way.
Exactly, well put indeed

However there still dangles the apparent importance of the humanoid. Could I be wrong

Of course. Maybe it will ultimately be demonstrated that the entire Megillah is nothing more than the relentless automatic mindless process of creation and destruction according to immutable laws suggesting determinism for no apparent purpose and ending in a large number of objects and particles in a diminishing field of radiation accelerating away from one another into an infinite nothingness forever
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 12:34 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My answer is, why does Dale ask questions instead of reading?
Sounds like a q not an a

….but I welcome any links to pertinent exposition
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 02:11 pm
@dalehileman,
I would suggest that "the apparent importance of the humanoid" may well be entirely in the mind of that humanoid. Objectively, and in the long run, no more important than a colony of cockroaches.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 06:24 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
may well be entirely in the mind of that humanoid.
be last to deny it--see last para of my posting above
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why is there anything, revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 08:31:05