Puzzle collection 82 UK

margsy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 03:32 am
Can anyone help me with ACROSTIC, the clue Young student,have thought of several words and my hubby and son have been trying as well but none of our answers seem to fit for the amount of letters of which there are eleven.
Also still having probs with stinker 114d parched desert basin (P??YE) which l thought could have been waddi,but does not fit,would appreciate any help,many thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,448 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fresco

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 05:28 am
@margsy,
114d Try PLAYA
and SCHOOLCHILD or PROBATIONER for the other.
margsy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 06:46 am
@fresco,
Thank you fresco, playa fits nicely and have now completed this stinker of stinkers,or is it me just getting old. Schoolchild fits but still working on acrostic,might be able to finish before closing date, once again thank you.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:07 am
@margsy,
Hi margsy
If your collection 82 is the same as ours the answer to the acrostic is:
The Selfcleaning House
margsy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 03:59 am
@Dutchy,
Thank you Dutchy, l knew it was self something. Nice surprise today,my 48th wedding anniversary, got a package in the post from Lovatts.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 04:02 am
@margsy,
Well how nice Margsy, congratulations on both accounts. Mine was 54 years last month but no surprises from Lovatts. Laughing
margsy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 05:31 am
@Dutchy,
Congrat to you and your other half. long way for me to catch up,todays marriaages do not seem to last as long,wonder why, to many expectations without willing to wait or to sacrifice something to get what you want. xx:-] ttfn
0 Replies