Underappreciated Talents

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:01 am
Two inconvenient inches of snow and ice coated the driveway last night. This morning Dwayne O' The Plow arrived to reconnect us with the rest of the world. Dwayne is an artiste with the plow--he scrapes the white stuff off the driveway without removing one molecule of macadam.

The hospital lab that I use for blood tests has several nurses. All the nurses are good, but one has a positive genius for finding my veins without probing and poking.

Years ago I had a neighbor who was a bit of a self-centered bore, but her talent was talking over-ambitious cats out of over-sized trees.

Me? I can usually get a colicky baby off to sleep in 3-4 minutes.

Do you have any small, highly knacks? Do you know of any?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 368 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:05 am
Dowsing: Fact or Fantasy?
Mr. Noddy is a productive dowser. He can find water, underground electric lines and the edges of graves.

I've seen the stick bend--and heard the squeak of the bark as the wood fibers twist.

The local well driller uses a dowser as does the care taker of a local graveyard.

I understand that during Vietnam the Army dowsed for Viet Cong tunnels.

Still, Paranormal Investigators insist there is no solid proof that dowsing exists.

What do you think?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:30 am
Interesting about dowsing!

Ricky Jay has solidly debunked it.

I think that we humans have lots of primal vestiges tucked away, and since water is such a primal need, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if some people had senses that were set a-quiver by water, even if it is below the ground. In this scenario, the dowsing rod is a way to focus those senses, and the bending et al is involuntary reflexes/ conditioning.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 01:28 pm
Sozobe--

I'd intended the dowsing question as an independent query, but posted in a hurry and made a muddle. It is now a separate question if you want to chase it to its new location.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Underappreciated Talents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 02:37:10