Are you afraid of roller coaster?

Nana7

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 09:17 am
Are you afraid of roller coaster?Last week, I went to the Amusement Park and try to experience it. I used to be very frightened, but I was forced by my friends, so I tried, however I closed my eyes all the process.
What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 901 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 09:37 am
@Nana7,
Yes I am
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 09:56 am
@Nana7,
Nope--not skeered! But I so like to see the latest inspection being displayed (same as elevators).

Rap
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:06 am
Hell no! I ride them over and over and over again whenever I can. I've even ridden the Cyclone - a wooden roller coaster in Cony Park many, many times since I was tall enough to be able to board.

I LOVE roller coasters@ and the cyclone is my favorite - aside from the one at Great Adventure in Jackson New Jersey (exit 7 on the NJ turnpike) on which I've ridden many, many, many times over the years from my teens and well into adulthood.
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:07 am
@Nana7,
Yep - I do get scared and as I wait in line to get on the ride, my terror rises. When I am next in line about to have my turn, I say to myself am I crazy why the heck am I doing this.

Then I board, I sit make sure I am strapped in and everything is safe and locked in - my heart races, I am terrified I think maybe I should just get up and leave. The rides leaves and usually the first drop is very high and steep - slowly going up I am so scared and just before the first drop I reach the height of fear and as we fall I scream. And as the ride ends - I love it! And want to go again.

Then repeat above.

Yes I am scared but love them.
aidan

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:10 am
Coincentally enough - this year is the 85th anniversary of the first ride or creation of or something of the Cyclone (in Cony Park, New York).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167031/Coney-Island-Cyclone-Roller-coaster-celebrates-85-years-entertainment-debut-June-26-1927.html
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:21 am
I meant to say Coney ISLAND amusement park.... in both of the previous posts
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:23 am
I love 'em so long as my feet aren't dangling free. I especially love the rickety old wooden ones.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:33 am
@Nana7,
I kinda like 'em. My favourite is one that doesn't go up very high, but has awesome tight turns ... the Wild Mouse.

There are some crazy youtube clips of people on the Wild Mouse.

My best friend invariably blames me for every crazy turn on the Wild Mouse - even punched me once to try to get me stop the ride from doing what it was doing Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 12:36 pm
@aidan,
I prefer wood coaster to steel coasters. BTW there are two mirror image cyclones at Kings Island north of Cincinnati--they're launched simultaneously and they race--the passengers can have an effect on the outcome.

The best wood coaster there though is 'the Beast.'

Rap

nqyringmind

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:09 pm
@Nana7,
I LOOOOOVE roller coasters,
but this is what I really want to do...
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSuophg6cTSHKV1pJsuSzHm3SyIVpjuWuWcaOZR0DCxa6gZCYj
0 Replies

Nana7

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:58 am
@Linkat,
Hehe, I always feel crazy and scared, but after it, I think I maybe try it the second time.LOL, I wish I can be brave to open my eyes.
Nana7

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:00 am
@raprap,
Does wood coaster much more biting than the steel one?
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:02 am
@Nana7,
actually I find it less scary if I open my eyes.
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:03 am
@Nana7,
Personally I've found that wooden coasters are a much less smooth ride and noiser - and typically as a result more scary (thus more desireable)
0 Replies

Nana7

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 01:42 am
@Linkat,
Really? Maybe next time I would open my eyes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are you afraid of roller coaster?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 09:10:05