How can I get around NBC/Verizon restrictions to watch the Olympics?

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:40 pm
Hi all,

I am subscribed to Verizon for my internet and phone, but they won't show me the olympics (via NBC) because I am not subscribed to their cable package. Is there another way to watch any events, either live or taped, online?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,049 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:03 pm
@littlek,
Try the BBC website.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:26 pm
@fresco,
I bet the BBC website will have to blackout its live streaming content here in the US due to broadcasting legalities.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
I did poke around the BBC website. It wasn't obvious they had streaming at all, except on hand-helds.

A friend from China checked Chinese websites, but they don't work over here.

Meanwhile, a guardian angel is allowing me to use his login info to stream from NBC!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:24 pm
@littlek,
Using tor software you can appear to be anywhere in the world and it is what I normally used to get around countries restrictions however as it is limited in bandwidth so I myself never had try streaming video just streaming audio but depending on the the nodes you are using it might or might not work.

Also if you are not comfortable with setting up fairly complex software I would get a friend who is to download and set up this software for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 08:49 am
@littlek,
This is for a Mac, but you can find Windows code here as well:
https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en#mac

I'm still playing with this trying to get it to work. There appear to be multiple ways to get around the NBC/Cable ban. I'm just not sure which one will work best yet.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can I get around NBC/Verizon restrictions to watch the Olympics?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:05:09