A defense of the indefensible

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 11:57 am
We are sure of our convictions, yet they differ more-or-less to radically. Of German ancestry at age 81 it suddenly occurred to me, what if in Nov. 1930 through some unforeseen train of events I had instead been born in Germany. Would I have joined the youth movement, a Nazi heiling Hitler, hating Jews; so shouldn’t we all question our most cherished convictions

When I was a kid it was taken for granted in many if not most white families that negroes were decidedly inferior and if you differed your folks would laugh at you and you’d feel embarrassed for seeming so stupid

Might we not consider prostitution an honorable profession, encourage incest

Shouldn't marriage be discouraged as a failed institution, children be brought up in a communal environment (as in fact in some tribal communities), public education be abandoned

Shouldn't Democracy be abandoned in favor of Communism or even dictatorship or government be based in religious ideals with those of Sharia law for instance superior to those of Christianity, free dialogue be discouraged

Why not encourage suicide as the noblest goal; so how do you know, how can you be so sure

Question your most hallowed tenets, especially those on the periphery: Are you sure as a con that all the libs are totally misguided—or vv; shouldn't we all eat more, become rotund (in some societies indeed fat girls are preferred); why not encourage nudity in all walks of life; why not let Iran have The Bomb; introduce sex ed to early grade school, promote experimentation; etc ad infinitum

You’re invited herewith to vigorously defend your position

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 669 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » A defense of the indefensible
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 11:59:00