colossus 141 baffler

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 05:40 pm
Stuck on one last clue in all of the 141 namely Quran verse where I have AY?H and never mind what I try keep comimg up with AYAH and which according to the definition is an asian maid.Could someone proficient in the QURAN answer this or tell me where I can find this as I have run out of ideas.philcottie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Strauss

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 01:38 am
Ayah:
Wiki wrote:
The word is usually used to refer to the smallest unit of the Qur'an, usually called 'verses' or 'signs' in English translations of the Qur'an. Muslims believe that each ayah of the Qur'an is a sign from God.
philcottie

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 04:17 pm
@Strauss,
Thanks strauss but can you tell me the address of the wiki site so I can bookmark it for future use.philcottie
philcottie

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 04:40 pm
@philcottie,
Found it in Wikipedia thr free encyclopedia in a round about way so have bookmarked this site for future reference.philcottie.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 04:43 pm
It's "Ayah" in Wikipedia. In general, if there is an unsourced quote, if you highlight it and plug it into the search box in Google, it'll locate the source for you. I did that and then tried to come back here to answer it, but the topic had disappeared from "New Posts" which they seem to do, for some reason.
philcottie

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
thanks for the advice but the matter is now sorted I doubt whether I would remember how to do that but will give it a try.philcottie.
0 Replies

farkha

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 01:50 am
@philcottie,
Ayah or Aayah (Arabic: آية āyah, plural: ayat or ayaat آيات āyāt) is the Arabic word for evidence or sign:
0 Replies