Are their such things as good drugs?

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 01:17 pm
Drugs, just what exactly defines a drug? According to Wikipedia; a drug is any substance that when absorbed by biological life that substance will alter normal bodily function. Going by that definition many foods should be considered drugs. A large number of the food-stuffs we eat today contain the flavour enhancer Mono-Sodium Glutamate, or the artificial sweetener Aspartame. Both of these chemicals have been linked to neurological damage according to several different studies. There has been much controversy around Mono-Sodium Glutamate (MSG). So much in-fact that it is now rarely listed on food ingredients as MSG, Nowadays they call it gelatin, calcium casinate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, textured protein, hydrolyzed plant protein, yeast extract, glutamate, Autolyzed plant protein, yeast food or nutrient, glutamic acid, sodium casinate, autolyzed yeast, vegetable protein extract, senomyx. There are more names but the list goes on forever. So you see the term drug shouldn’t really have such a derogatory connotation because accord to the definition supplied in most dictionaries most food-stuffs will fit into that definition.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,521 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Isabela

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 04:15 am
@MrIntegrity,
there would be nothing else which can define drug or any alternative to use against drugs. we should be away from drugs.
0 Replies