My five levels of intensity

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:34 pm
I got this idea from Rumsfield's five terror alert levels--the lowest being the safest level, the highest being the most dangerous level, and applied it to the way my mind works.

Intensity Level One. I'm doing routine things. I don't notice the other things going on around me.

Intensity Level Two. Same as intensity level one except that something gets my attention and I have to respond to it. Sometimes I'm aware of what I'm doing, sometimes not.

Intensity Level Three. Same as intensity level two except that I'm fully aware of what I'm doing. I wonder what made me do it, and if it's something I shouldn't have done, I either resolve not to do it again, or make excuses to myself for doing it.

Intensity Level Four. Same as intensity level three except that something someone says or does puts me on the defensive. I either respond in kind, ignore it, or change the subject..

Intensity Level Five. Something or someone threatens to harm or kill me. I either run, fight or freeze. Everything seems unreal. There is no fear, no pain, and I have no control of what I'm doing.

You always have it in your power to admit that you are powerless Ashleigh Brilliant

One useless man is a disgrace, two is a law firm, three or more is congress. John Adams
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,590 • Replies: 0
No top replies