big 233 demon

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 05:42 pm
Dont wish to get into another slanging match but cannot find answer to 24 ac where the clue is INSPECTS (5) and where I have LIE?S.If by any chance this is VIEWS will need to know another word for 10 dn where the clue is Cask bung (5) and where I at present have SPILE which I believe is correct.As I said if you cannot offer constructive comments please don't bother to answer as I would sooner not know.Thanks in advance to all the helpful friends out there whoever you may be.philcottie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 951 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 05:59 pm
@philcottie,
Hi philcottie

You're in luck I've completed mine.
24a = VIEWS
10d = SHIVE

Good luck.
philcottie

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:45 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks dutchy I had Views and Shive first of all but because I couldnt find a satisfgactory answer for cask/bung /shive thought that couldnt be right will now trawl through dictionaries to find the link not that I doubt your word but just satisfy my curiousity.philcottie
Dutchy

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:53 am
@philcottie,
Gosh your hard to convince Laughing

Here is my reference, save you searching!
http://dictionary.infoplease.com/shive
philcottie

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 05:56 pm
@Dutchy,
sorry dutchy I didn't doubt you for one second but as I said curiousity got the better of me because both Spile and Shive have the same definitions they are both refered to as plugs and as a plug can be refered to a bung thought that Lovatts were being up to thier devious selves again, but because VIEWS cannot be anything else.I see I am still getting replies to my previous post which is gratifying but wish it would now stop to give other A2K member a fair go.Anyway good luck my OLD mate look after yourself and enjoy the rest of your years on this mortal planet.philcottie.
snakeinthegrass

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:42 pm
@philcottie,
Boy you blokes are quick off the mark. I've just started the Demon and you've provided me with a couple of answers already. Good to see you're okay Duchy.
philcottie

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:09 pm
@snakeinthegrass,
Well some of us may be quick but not always right (excluding dutchy of course) because in my case I don't take enough care and generally put down the first thing that pops in my head but often revisit taking more care this time as these posts will verify but it helps to keep the brain activated but of course can't help the body but with a healthy mind can hopefully help to take care of that,Best of luck to all A2Ker's philcottie.
0 Replies