N. Korean Ship with Scuds Seized En Route to Yemen

Tantor

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:02 pm
au1929 wrote:
It would seem to be a case of do as I say not as I do. We export to our allies all manner of armaments. Yet we take a holier than thou attitude when someone else does it.

The United States is not in a state of war with our neighbors as North Korea has been for the last half century. Doesn't that sound unnecessarily bellicose to you? If the US were North Korea, we would have invaded Mexico, slaughtering tens of thousands as we went.

North Korea is run by a nutcake who, as chief of the NK intelligence services, directed terrorist acts. For example, he had two of his agents board an KAL airliner out of India and plant a bomb on it, killing hundreds. He has made many assassination attempts on the South Korean leadership, in one case detonating a bomb under a grandstand that killed several SK cabinet leaders. Kim Jong Il also liked to kidnap people. Of course, everyone has heard about the Japanese he kidnapped from Japan and Europe to teach Japanese in the language schools for his spies but he also did recreational kidnapping. For example, he had his favorite S Korean movie actress kidnapped along with her husband. He made them make movies for him in North Korea.

That does indeed make the US holier than North Korea and its maniac leaders. However, since you think the US and North Korea are equivalent, I'd be interested to hear what examples of US belligerence compare to the crazed behavior of the mad dog North Koreans cited above.

Tantor
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:12 pm
Tantor
I never said anything about the equivalency of the US and North Korea. Don't try to read into the statement. I was just speaking about our sale of armaments. As it turned out the shipment based on international law had to be released.
Again what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:17 pm
tantor, You sure attribute an awful lot to just two simple sentences. Gees,

I consider GWB's brash and bellicose statements to be nefarious and war mongering. Him and his ChickenHawks are very unDiplomatic, and certainly do not speak for me. I have been involved with changing the worlds vision of the USA for over 30 years. In just a few months the tone set by this administration has set the wish for Peace and the security of Americans back at least 30 years. We are not cowboys and do not shoot from the hip as the ill-bred, illiterate holier than thou attitude of this misguided, appointed unPresident. "I hit the trifecta!"
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 07:01 pm
Did any one happen to see Rumsfield's press conference in Qatar today. If body language meant anything that man did more to harm diplomatic relations with the Arab world than a world of threats by the President. State will have to spend weeks and weeks making up for his overtly displayed obvious disgust at the questions put to him by the Arab press. I was embarrassed for him and for the United States. And all because we have made a deal with the devil. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 07:05 pm
Grenada?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 07:06 pm
Grenada? Question
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:37 pm
We've exported arms to countries that our government deemed allies and have since turned on us. It's happened throughout our history. The fats out of the fire now as the shipment was released with Yemen's promise that it would not be sold to a third party. It should be tracked by any means possible. Yemen hasn't shown that they could be regarded as an ally, that's for sure, so in essence we are approving of weapons to a country we shouldn't altogether trust. Isn't that the same as shipping it from our own country? We've approved of lettting the shipment go because of international law. Hmmm. We are suddenly worried about observing international law?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 12:39 pm
Tantor wrote:
If the US were North Korea, we would have invaded Mexico, slaughtering tens of thousands as we went.

Yeah, we already did that. We got the great southwest and California for our troubles, which has made it convenient for storing nutcases--liberal or conservative. I'd say, with NAFTA and all, we're gettin' what we need without a second go round.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:27 pm
We are not at war already with North Korea or excuse me did I miss the signing of any peace accords regarding that dispute? Maybe be N. Korea is like Viet Nam an undeclared war with one exception it never really ended?

Of all the wars Grenada is my favorite. Over a hundred Marines are killed in Beirut so we attack Gendada.

The US does not pay much attention to other international laws or even treaties signed why did they honor this one this time?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:46 pm
N Korea just announced they are opening their Nuke factories back up!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/846574.asp?vts=121220021120
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 06:46 pm
JoanneDorel wrote:
Of all the wars Grenada is my favorite. Over a hundred Marines are killed in Beirut so we attack Gendada.

You have your facts mixed up. We invaded Grenada because the Marxists had taken over, had brought over Cuban soldiers disguised as civilians, and had built a mile long runway on an island few tourists visited. You don't need a mile of runway for a jumbo jet full of passengers but you do need a mile of runway for a Bear bomber full of bombs. All those Cuban laborers supposedly there to work construction proved to be remarkably well armed with Cuban army uniforms in their closets.

Tantor
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
Diplomacy at its finest! Why waste a word when a bullet will win more votes! Especially if the guy is a weiny.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 09:16 pm
But alas we lost an entire Seal Team, they drowned at sea and a lot of Marines shot themselves in the foot, wonder how that happened.
0 Replies