june/july mega mix

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 07:44 pm
Need big help here:-
38 ac clue is In Belgian ,noun cemenmted by declaration (12) I have ???O?N?E?E?T.
33 dn the clue is Accuses some zinc rim in a test (12) I have ???R?M?N???S.
46 dn The clue is Hold back arrangements for actors rim (9) I have ??N???A?N.
8 dn The clue is It gets the clue to change when you wave your arms around (11) I have G?S?I???A?E.10 dn the clue is small chicken cooked butterfly style (10) I have S?A?C?????.
58 ac the clue is Rat must become level(7) I have S?R???M.
56 ac The clue is It whizzes round ans round or back and forth (5) I have R???R.
There are a few more but given these might just be able to complete same.
philcottie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,996 • Replies: 19
No top replies

fresco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 01:37 am
@philcottie,
38 ac clue is In Belgian ,noun cement ed by declaration (12) I have ???O?N?E?E?T......ANNOUNCEMENT
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:23 am
@philcottie,
33d incriminates
0 Replies

shirlz

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:59 pm
@philcottie,
Agree with the two answers given
SUGGESTIONS for the rest. I dont have the magazine.
46d constrain
8d gesticulate
10d spatchcock
58a stratum
56a ??????

Hope these help.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 08:04 pm
@philcottie,
have to guess rotor fer 56a

but then i don't do cryptic crosswords
0 Replies

kofndodgn

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:28 pm
Does anybody know the answers to 7d - Pool Simone designed to corner the market. I have M-N-P-L---. Also 26a - financial initially - spelling credit & liability. I have -I-C-L. & lastly naughty editions lying round the bed. I have D-S-B-D-E-T. Hope you can help!
laughoutlood

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm
@kofndodgn,
monopolise fiscal disobedient
0 Replies

leball

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 08:18 pm
@philcottie,
38ac announcement
33dn incriminates
46dn constrain
8dn gesticulate
58ac stratum
56ac rotor
0 Replies

leball

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 08:26 pm
@philcottie,
10 dn spatchcock
0 Replies

carleen

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:55 pm
@philcottie,
philcottie
I don't know why you bother doing Lovatts crosswords. Every single issue you ask about a dozen questions for every crossword. Why don't you stick to something easier, like gardening? What you are doing is using everybody else to solve the crosswords for you.
Carleen
philcottie

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:45 am
@carleen,
Thats not quite true Carlene and all I hope is if and whwen you reach 85 you are able to do the same.But I am cutting back on the issues and hopefully wont need the help you are suggesting.philcottie
0 Replies

carleen

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 04:34 pm
@philcottie,
philcottie
No I'm not quite 85 yet, but I still think you would be better off just doing the easier crosswords. Also, do what a lot of us do and keep a book with the harder clues and answers in it for future reference. It makes life much easier.
Carleen
philcottie

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:56 pm
@carleen,
I have plenty of books and dictionarfies + the computor but one of the reasons I attempt these harder c/words is o stave of Dementia which is working up to now besides posting queries drives me to look harder and by the time my posts are answered have found most of my queries as has been the case this time. I cerainly didn't need an acidic retort from tthe likes of you,but if it made you happy thats fine.By your nature I guess you are a joy tto live with but I certainly wouldn't want to be that person who does.In conclusion if you cant say anything decent about someone I suggest you keep your vitriolic retorts to your self.Now you have a good day CARLEEN as I hope tto. philcottie.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:19 pm
@philcottie,
Well said philcottie, you keep on asking questions when you see fit! Ignore the critics, there are plenty of people here to help you! Things don't get any easier at 85, I should know, I;m heading towards 80. Laughing
philcottie

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 12:24 am
@Dutchy,
THANKS DUTCHY FOR COMING TO MY DEFENCE ONCE AGAIN.i DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO A2K LATELY IT USED TO BE SUCH A FRIENDLY SITE AND AS FOR CALENS SUGGESTION I GET A BOOK OF HARD WORDS THAT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OF PARKINSSONS DISEASE ROBBING ME OF THE ABILITY TO WRITE BUT OF COURSE COMPUTING IS NO PROBLEM AND WILL KEEP PLODDING ON AS LONG AS i CAN.SINCERELY HOPE YOU HAVE RECOVERED FROM YOUR RECENT BOUT OF ILL HEALTH SO YOU LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AND BEST OF LUCK.PHILCOTTIE.
leball

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 10:39 pm
@philcottie,
Good on you for keeping your mind active. We all need a bit of help at times. So seek it wherever you can.We are here to help whenever possible. So keep asking and ignore the plebs, Carleen take note.
0 Replies

Vegemite

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 09:52 pm
@philcottie,
Philcottie, if you didn't ask we all wouldn't know the answers. Most of the time you ask the questions I want to know the answer too, thus saving me from asking. So thank you!! Well done for doing these at 85, I struggle and I am half your age.
philcottie

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:49 am
@Vegemite,
thanks vegemite and good luck to you.philcottie.
0 Replies

Catsandkittens

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2012 07:16 pm
@carleen,
I have just read your comment and am appalled by what you have written. Don't critize when you don't know the person or their circumstances. Perhaps in the future, you too will need assistance and just maybe people will be reluctant to help you. This is a great site with friendly, helpful people and doesn't need to be tainted by such nasty comments.
carleen

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 08:31 pm
@Catsandkittens,
Well what a hornet's nest I've stirred up. I was not being "nasty" nor were any of my comments "vitriolic". I was merely stating the obvious. I don't care if you are 85 or 25, use your dictionaries and the internet. You will usually find your answers there. The only vitriolic comments were made by Dhilpottie himself.
0 Replies