Levon Helm Dead

panzade

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 07:04 pm
I loved the way he sang "The Night They Drove..." while he laid that fat beat down...

watch

and edgar..."Whispering Pines" That's it buddy. That's the Band
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm

Bob Dylan

http://www.bobdylan.com/us/​news/response-levon’s-passing

In response to Levon’s passing
www.bobdylan.com
He was my bosom buddy friend to the end, one of the last true great spirits of my or any other generation. This is just so sad to talk about. I still can remember the first day I met him and the last day I saw him. We go back pretty far and had been through some trials together. I'm going to ...
aidan

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah - I can't listen to him sing without crying AND smiling.
The Band was my favorite band, and I am so happy that I saw them in each of their phases - all five of them together, then later with Robbie Robertson absent when the other four toured. I saw them in the little wooden enclosed ice hocky 'arena' in Hillsborough North Carolina about two weeks before Richard Manuel died. Then I saw them up at Sugarloaf ski resort up in Maine when it was just Rick, Levon and Garth left.
I was standing close enough to touch them.

And then one of the highlights of my musical memory is that I DID go to Levon's birthday bash midnight ramble in 2008.
It was INCREDIBLE. It was like you were sitting in his living room - his daughter and son-in-law sang backup and he had this collection of blues musicians who just rocked that joint. I was going to volunteer to be a parking attendent there (you parked on his yard - he had this beautiful, wooded acreage down this dirt road just outside of Woodstock) but we moved back to England.

Oh well, Levon has gone on - but we'll never lose his voice AND his energetic drumming.

Here is my favorite Levon driven Band song@

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 12:06 am
And Levon on his own:

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 12:17 am
Can't stop now Levon - you got to keep on singing:

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 01:34 am
One more shot of Levon - I just can't put him to rest:

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 04:25 pm
Still listening and even though now three of my all-time musical favorites are gone, I can still hear them together here:

Rick Danko, Clarence Clemons and Levon Helm - so happy you were here and together, even if for only a short time:

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 10:37 am
The Band was a great band and Levon's Helm's vocals were a huge contributing factor. The perfect voice for the their style.

And the only American in a group that celebrated Americana

RIP Levon
panzade

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 09:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And the only American in a group that celebrated Americana

So true...kudos to the Canucks
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 01:42 am
STILL listening to Levon - I'll never stop:

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:04 am

I got to go to one of his Rambles - one the musical highlights of my life. I'll never forget that night.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Levon Helm Dead
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 02:12:38