Now where did I put that GODDAMN mobile phone??

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 11:05 pm
Sorry, I evened it up again.

Left it up there with the extra large cherry limeade last fall and drove off. Fortunately, the drink made a lot of noise & a big mess when it tumbled down the back windshield, so I stopped. Whew! Phone still worked!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:23 am
Found it yet??? Razz

I've just sent you a text message?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:54 am
A friend of mine lost his cell phone one night. He woke up in the morning, hungover, and noticed his phone missing. He tore the house apart looking for it, and finally called it from his land line. No answer. He called again. Same result.

Finally, after the third attempt a female voice answered. "Who are you, and why do you have my phone?" my friend asked.

"I heard your phone ringing" she replied, "but I couldn't find it right away. It was in the cushion of the couch. I was doing a lap dance for a gentleman when your phone started ringing beneath him."

Perhaps Mr. Stillwater should retrace him steps.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:54 am
Hello, Margo. How are you?
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:37 am
Mr Stillwater: You probably won't like my response, but I've found this works every time for me when I misplace something. (Which happens more frequently than I care to admit!) Don't look for it. The more time and anxiety you spend trying to find a lost or misplaced item, the more it "seems" to elude you. I usually end up stumbling across the missing item when I'm not looking for it. If it's your only phone or if you need it for work, then you won't have the time to wait and I'm sorry for that. Otherwise, don't sweat it and you'll find it when you aren't searching. The only other bit of advice I can offer you is to try the place you are certain it isn't at. That one has worked for me too.

Hope you find it soon!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:54 am
A friend and I paint at the coast 100 miles away. We went one bitterly cold windy winter day and the light wasn't good and the colours flat so we moved to a different part of the coast a few miles away.

When we packed up at the end of the day i realised my mobile phone was missing Sad and it definitely wasn't on this beach. it was switched off as the battery was low - I NEVER do that now!

Sugar!!!! that meant going back to the other beach, it was getting dark, it was a half mile walk across the dunes and beach in the cold and dark to where we had been working - you try and find the place you sat in the dunes in the dark Rolling Eyes We clambered up and down miles of dunes, falling down unexpected precipes in the dark ...
Crying or Very sad

We couldn't find it and were giving up to go home when ..... friend realises she has now lost her handbag ...somewhere in the dark in the dunes Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

We walked about a mile down the beach to the wardens house (the beach is a nature reserve and very very isolated and lonely with no houses or lights anywhere) to borrow a torch as mine had gone flat by now. We did eventually - about midnight - find her bag Very Happy but no phone Crying or Very sad

now the 100 mile drive home

When we got home and i dropped her off at her house, my turn to drive, i made her check her bags again ..... there was my mobile scooped up into her bag by mistake Shocked Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

neither of us had even produced any decent paintings Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:57 am
oops duplicate
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:44 am
Vivien, may I make a suggestion? Why not toss a few emoticons into your prose? Just to liven things up a bit.

Just a thought.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:02 am
Where is the option for "I snuck over and snaffled it"?

Oh - don't try ringing, I ran the battery down calling friends...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:31 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Hello, Margo. How are you?

Just fine and dandy, thank you for asking, Gus.

A little on the warm and sweaty side, but nothing that good aircon can't fix (or, for preference - a dip in the sea!) Very Happy

And you????
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 11:06:57