Relativism thought experiment

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:26 pm
A friend of mine once told me that the following question should be presented to anybody who makes the argument for relativism. Have fun with this one...

Is there ever a situation where killing babies for fun, and just for fun, is justified?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 409 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:34 pm
@seven times,
seven times wrote:

A friend of mine once told me that the following question should be presented to anybody who makes the argument for relativism. Have fun with this one...

Is there ever a situation where killing babies for fun, and just for fun, is justified?

Well is it a trick question? Are these babies real living babies? Or are they dolls resembling babies. It still could be viewed as creepy for a person to enjoy killing babies that are actually dolls or in some kind of video game but I bet that is one way that people would enjoy it or justify it.

Also the question doesn't address what sort of babies they are. It could be baby anything. Human babies are not the same as blackmomba babies. So the question could be misinterpreted or requires clarification or else it will be assumed something that it is not.
seven times

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:37 pm
@Krumple,
That sounds like a justification to me.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:42 pm
@seven times,
doing something for fun, and just for fun, doesn't make it "justified"
seven times

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:48 pm
@thack45,
That sounds like an absolute to me.
thack45

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 05:04 pm
@seven times,
alright, it doesn't make it not justified either. what do you want?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:06 am
@seven times,
seven times wrote:
A friend of mine once told me that the following question should be presented to anybody who makes the argument for relativism.

Your friend is a prick, and so are you if you had to ask the question.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Relativism thought experiment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:24:19