Is this bus driving simulation game bad for real-life drivers?

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:44 am
The bus simulation game i'm talking about is called "OMSI"(search on YouTube for more gameplay videos of this simulation game). I think this simulation game is the most realastic one(on the game physics) that I can find.
I would like to ask if this bus simulation game is bad for real-life drivers? For example making them developing bad driving habits when they drive in real-life.

*Please note that this simulation game is meant to be played seriously, not a crashing or racing game.

Thank you very much for your time on helping me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,070 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:48 am
@iExchange,
iExchange wrote:

The bus simulation game i'm talking about is called "OMSI"(search on YouTube for more gameplay videos of this simulation game). I think this simulation game is the most realastic one(on the game physics) that I can find.
I would like to ask if this bus simulation game is bad for real-life drivers? For example making them developing bad driving habits when they drive in real-life.

*Please note that this simulation game is meant to be played seriously, not a crashing or racing game.

Thank you very much for your time on helping me!

Not sure if you are implying it or not but I would like to draw a parallel here to violent video games. There are thousands of violent video game players out there yet you don't see them all reacting violently in society because of them. Sure there might be a handful that do, but I bet they would have regardless of the violent game because there are just those who have not learned the same social respect that the majority of us have.

So I would answer you by saying, some might be worse drivers after playing it. But a majority will not be effected by it.
iExchange

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 07:38 am
@Krumple,
Thank you very much Krumple.
And how about such "bus simulation game" being played by a guy who don't have a driving license and never drive on a real vehicle before? He is a teenager and he never plays violent/shooting/racing/crashing games.

Would love to have your opinion on it too for my reference, thank you! I really appreciate your help.
Krumple

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 04:53 pm
@iExchange,
iExchange wrote:

Thank you very much Krumple.
And how about such "bus simulation game" being played by a guy who don't have a driving license and never drive on a real vehicle before? He is a teenager and he never plays violent/shooting/racing/crashing games.

Would love to have your opinion on it too for my reference, thank you! I really appreciate your help.

To be honest I am not really sure what you are asking. Would the teen be effected in a negative way from this simulation? Maybe, but I wouldn't say ALL teens would be effected. I do think that people, including teens have the ability to make a distinction between a game and reality. Some might get it wrong but I don't think they all will. Does this make the simulation bad? No, because it is nothing different than anything else.

You could make the same argument about movies but we shouldn't ban movies just because a small portion of society will act out what they see in the movie. You don't need to punish the majority when a minority can't play nicely with everyone else.

The same for this bus simulation. Would a teen get a bent perspective on driving from playing this simulation? They could I suppose but I bet they would have had problems even without the bus simulation game. Just a hunch.
0 Replies