Hip replacement surgery

jodie34

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 02:49 pm
I am having so much pain with the hip and groin that I can hardly take it any more. I have been to pain management for injections but they are begining to last about three months. Have any of you had hip replacement surgery and did you have good results. What age did you have the surgery?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,049 • Replies: 5
No top replies

darklyovert

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 02:59 pm
@jodie34,
I haven't had the surgery myself and therefore will leave the floor open for those who have. I just wanted to let you know that (although exact recovery time varies depending on person and type of surgery) when all is said and done, most people usually end up asking, "Why didn't I get this done earlier?"
Like I said before, it depends; but post-op pain is generally minimal and recovery and rehabilitation time is usually relatively fast.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:38 pm
@jodie34,
My 90 years old mother just fell a month and a half ago and had a half a hip replacement as a result and is back on her feet and doing well at least so far.

Oh no pain after the fist week or so.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:50 pm
@jodie34,
As the others have said, it varies from one person and procedure to another. It does sound like enough time has passed that you should be seeing your orthopedist, or maybe a different. I sounds possible there is more problem than just pain.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:33 pm
@jodie34,
Probably nothing like a human's hip replacement, but my dog had one and he's better than ever. I hope you get some relief.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:19 am
@Arella Mae,
You need to see an orthopedic surgeon and get X-rays of your hips. Your pain probably is that your hip is rubbing bone-on-bone. The risk is that if you don't have this taken care of, your hip could fracture, and then it has to be done with an emergency operation.

My hip X-rays indicate that my right hip is rubbing bone-on-bone and I need to have my hip replaced before the end of this year.

After my 56 age son got his right knee replacement, he was able to finally get his right hip replacement. He's like a new man and can do so many things now that he couldn't do for at least five years. The hip replacement is easier than knee replacement.

BBB
0 Replies