Religious and digital repression around the world

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 09:56 am
Herewith a chat between myself and my friend and compadre the excellent Elad na-Melih, an occasional participant evidently somewhere in the Near East though it's remarkable that his leaders even allow him to join us here

Elad says he's a writer for a pub he calls "el-Huzzah" though apparently it's title disguised to hide his own identity while what he has to communicate seems to strongly suggest he's a woman somehow disguising himself as a male to as to afford him more freedom of expression

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed Mr Hileman a quick comparison seems to confirm your observation that we are somewhat more oppressed than you, especially in our treatment of Woman wherein for instance one is punished for having been raped either by public beating, jail time or the requirement for her to marry her attacker.

Still it's appalling to us that you jail otherwise innocent kids for using marijuana, what do you call it, "pan"

No Elad, it's "pot"

Quote:
Quote:
While our leaders totally without an ounce of compunction or indeed sense of humor ban every other religion, especially Christianity for God sake, relentlessly persecuting its followers

Yes so I see reading the Saturday Religion page of our excellent Victorville, Ca Daily Press and whose very selective LETTERS editor Steve Williams has recognized me as an erstwhile writer, publishing over 100 of my outrageous rants on local issues and other political affairs over a period of 15 years. But I deviate OT

Quote:
Quote:
But even in the matter of internet communication we have clandestine groups seemingly bent on absolute control at all times over nearly everything said. For instance I had gotten into the habit of launching more than one OP where its topic was only slightly different, prompting this warning from what you label an "Admonisher"

No that's "Administrator"

Quote:
Quote:
Okay Dale so here's the adminishment:

Eladnamelih,

This is an advisory warning that you should begin taking careful consideration when making new threads.

If you believe that a subject warrants a new thread you should:

1. Make a clear and new title for the thread that explains the NEW topic
2. Explain the new topic clearly within the thread, and if subtly related to another topic explain how they are related
3. Please take careful consideration and deliberation before creating the new thread, and try to deem if it is really necessary.

Creating new and unnecessary threads creates work for moderation, so out of respect for our time please think before pushing the new thread button.

Thanks,
Yeson al-Suor

As a sort of troll myself, Elad, thank you for that, it was absolutely hilarious, set me to tittering on and off all morning, you've made my day

Quote:
Quote:
Was that a sexual term suggesting the female form

No it means laughing
Quote:
Quote:
You wouldn't think it was so funny if you lived here. I almost expect as a result of this post tomorrow morning to experience a cadre of our religious leaders descend upon my abode in SUV's garishly detailed with scriptural symbols, carrying shotguns whilst chanting and shouting threatening litanies

Incidentally Dale I remember in a much earlier thread your comment to the effect that participants in Internet forums strive to become Administrators because subconsciously it affords them a sense of power missing in their humdrum everyday existences and as the message from Yeson so clearly demonstrates

..though that wasn't in reference to a2k as you acceded they're relatively tolerant. You had said something like: "That however excepts a2k where considering my style by whose moderators long ago I'd been summarily banned

Yes Elad I have to agree while let me take this opportunity to again thank a2k for its restraint in the face of my outrageous style. I’ve been admonished at a2k but no threats of banishment. They’re remarkably tolerant

Quote:
Quote:
Over here they'd execute you

So I understand

But marijuana aside if some of our restrictions also seem harsh or undemocratic--eg "Patriot Act"-- there's not much force behind them. They'd still have to take me to court with years of litigation so they rarely bother

And as for separate threads, I'm afraid I too share that unfortunate habit. But I've found, in defense of Yeson, that when I have two or three going with similar topic I get really woozy at times when I'm not sure I'm responding to the right one

Quote:
Quote:
Well anyhow thank you for your insights this morning

Not at all and thank you too, Elad, a real pleasure. As you’re not allowed to imbibe I hope you can someday repatriate, come live here with us in the Mojave Desert where you could visit on weekends for some Tasting of the Brew

http://able2know.org/topic/186645-1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 817 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Marie Colvin

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 09:54 am
@dalehileman,
Hello friends,

Explain the new topic clearly within the thread, and if subtly related to another topic explain how they are related. Please take careful consideration and deliberation before creating the new thread, and try to deem if it is really necessary.

Best regards
Marie Colvin
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:17 am
@Marie Colvin,
It’s a sort of whimsical plea Marie for worldwide religious tolerance

Conceded a bit discursive owing doubtless to the advanced age and incipient Alz’s of its author

Be glad however to expound or clarify
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Religious and digital repression around the world
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:35:57