We are victims of the Establishment

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:51 pm
..though many if not most of us don’t realize it because many in one way or another, are also members. The rest of us it cheats and foils in any way it can get away with

In a recent Costco Connection we read, ”Your passion..has been healthier eating….How does eating meals at home more often fit into that?Mark Bittman: “It’s almost impossible to eat as badly as home as it is with takeout or in restaurants"

Clearly somewhat of an exaggeration—The Establishment for the most part doesn’t intend to poison us because it might thereby lose another customer-- but some of its ploys are very subtle. I will mention two

1. Same issue of Connection:

.Promote Overall Digestive Health
.for a Healthy ImmuneSystem
.Replenishes Good Bacteria

All right but then at the bottom in tiny font:

*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease

Clearly the Establishment was almost sure it could substitute a . fsor an * and the Authorities wouldn’t be a whit the wiser

2. Health o meter thinks we’re all absolute idiots but in fact it’s they as part of The Establishment who are the idiots. They merchandise a digital bathroom scale that doesn’t necessarily tell you what you weigh but what you weighed last time you used it (!!!!) If you need to detect any change you must stand there waiting for 5 minutes, then the second time it will again display your weight

It’s obvious of course why they do it: They suppose we’re all morons who might expect exactly the same reading. Yet the instructions provide no warning to that effect, you learn of it only after a few puzzling experiences

I could write a book detailing thousands if not hundreds of thousands of similar ways in which the Establishment tries to deceive us but I’m too old
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 422 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:28 pm
@dalehileman,
3. Have you noticed how paper plates stick together usu 2 at a time but they’re working on a production change raising that to 3

When it was proposed at a meeting, their President suggested, “Well then why not 4” whereupon one of his brighter managers replied, “I don’t think that would work because our customers would sense the increased weight”

“Then what we could do,” responded another even more clever manager, “We could stick them together four at a time but weaken the bond at the middle so he’d think there were only two"
dalehileman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 01:53 pm
@dalehileman,
4. Then there’s the matter of testing a new product. Before nationwide distribution the maker should at least provide a sample to several employees to take home and try

The 21st-century door handle is a prime example. It locks the knob only on the outside so you are certain to lock yourself out 300 times until you finally develop the habit ofd checking the outside knob when exiting

When we recently had new doors installed and I brought this to the attention of the door carpenter who looked at me like I’m deeply into Alz’s but then a half hour later locked himself out

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » We are victims of the Establishment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:11:12