Brimfield

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 01:09 am
I drive through the town of Brimfield several times a week but I have never been to the famous antique market. How does one manage it? It seems so huge. Are there shuttles to take shoppers from one area to another?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 7
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:14 am
Was there once, sometime in the 80s. It was IMMENSE. Don't think I actually bought anything, tho. It was cold and rainy, and got fairly muddy. Go when the weather is as good as it gets for the time of year. As I remember, there were several different fields, but all pretty close to each other, and it would have taken all day at least just to cover the ones right together. I think there are also different days that different areas peak withink the same general time frame. Just go whenever you want--you'll get complete sensory overload anyway, there's so much there. Seems to me they do it at least in July and September. There are a lot of not totally top-end but good quality and expensive antiques, and a whole lot of kitsch and ephemeral stuff, which is kind of what I liked, but they really cover the whole gamut. Go, you'll have a great time. And one of the perils is that you;ll find something you've always wanted and you buy it and four tents down someone has it for half the price you just paid. Or twice the price you just paid.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:20 am
okay, just googled it. May too
http://www.brimfieldshow.com/ Apparently you don't want to park illegally in town, they make a lot of money from towing cars.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:45 am
@plainoldme,
If you run an atiques business Brimfield is a "Must do". I was there once and handed out cards about what I was interested in finding. I tired out after day 1
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 03:38 pm
The fields where you park are not all that close to the fields where the exhibitors are set up, so if you buy something it's a considerable hike to drop it off at your car. So bring a couple different sizes of bags, with shoulder straps, from tote bags up to duffle bags or even an overseas bag. Those carts suburbanites take to grocery stores, with the 15" or so bike wheels, which can fit a couple grocery bags, might be a good idea, but they might bog down in the high grass, ruts, and mud of the fields. I could go either way on them. Sun hat, shades, sunscreen, hydration.

the fields where
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 08:14 pm
Thanks, guys. I'm not going to shop. I'm going to write and take photos.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 08:17 pm
@plainoldme,
I'm jealous. Although I would be shopping.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:15 pm
@Green Witch,
I'll be doing research. Don't be jealous. I've lived in MA since 1976 and this is the first time I've gone
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Brimfield
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:23:22