American Standard Commercial Water conditioner

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:05 pm
I have a feeling this will be a waste of time... But I don't have many (or any) other options.
I have an American Standard brand Commercial Water Conditioner.
It's not working right now, and I am wondering where to start to fix it. I am on a well, and just got my water tested to find out what things are in my water.
My softener is a big chrome tank about 5 feet tall, and it also has a salt tank (I forget what you folks call it exactly)
I know this unit is old. I've had it for 20 years, and it has always worked perfect. It has a plastic "bulb" ?? on the top where the water cycles back through, and I can see it is empty. I was wondering if it can "lose it's prime" and need to be reprimed, or what can happen. I know a new softener cost from $500 up, and before dropping that much cash I want to make SURE mine is not useable. I am sure it is better than one you can buy today.
If anyone can help me I SURE would appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,836 • Replies: 4
No top replies

StreetRodGuy

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 08:16 pm
@StreetRodGuy,
wow.. no replies.. how frustrating...
I figured someone might be able to help me out../?
Suggestions??
Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 08:21 pm
@StreetRodGuy,
our water softener guy is also one of our political loony goons.

you might check back in a week or two when he gets off of suspension again...
0 Replies

StreetRodGuy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:20 pm
just curious if you dude on suspension had returned yet. anyone else know where to look or who to ask.
Trying to get mine fixed, before laying out $500 for a new one.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:50 pm
@StreetRodGuy,
unfortunately for you, and very peaceful for us, no.

not seen snarky mean unfunny cartoon one.

I hate to utter his name, kinda like beetlejuice, but I s'pose in the spirit of helping a street rod guy.

I'll whisper it...

H2O man

you can try and PM him in case he just lost interest in being a turd and didn't get banned...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » American Standard Commercial Water conditioner
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:15:30