Oscar Derek Patterson - Land Survey Technics?

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 05:15 am
What is the history of land survey and why it is essential? What are the best modern ways to survey land elevation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 06:47 am
@oscarderekpatterson,
(saving). Ive got spme meetings with a surveyor this AM, Ill get to this in the PM.
oscarderekpatterson

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 11:36 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman, I am waiting for your answer.

Thanks
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 06:28 am
@oscarderekpatterson,
To see what is the importance of surveying, Id suggest that you look up (Google) theSTANDARDS OF THE US CONGRESS OF SURVEYING AND MAPPING. Thats the definition and mission of what we do in surveying today. The history of surveying i debatable but everyone agrees that the pyramids were laid out using some form of levelling instrument and a cross staff and plumb lines. Some glyphs on an interiror wall of Khufus pyramid show what appears to be a surveying party using a staff and plumb.
The real first surveying instruments came from Mesopotamia and was known as a GROMA(you have to look this up cause I assume its for homework and Ive broken one of my rules in that I dont answer homework questions when you have the same sources of information that are available to anyone else.

heres some more terms

ALIDADE
CHAIN and PERCH
FEET and TENTHS
LEVEL SURVEYING
ORDER 1, SURVEYING
PLANE TABLE
TRANSIT
EDM
GPS SURVEY

All these are concepts and tools that can be arranged in a time line,(some of these are earlier than others and you can see how surveying developed by following their occurences in time.

Good Luck
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Oscar Derek Patterson - Land Survey Technics?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:38:34