This is what I did tonight

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 11:30 pm
I had an interesting night at work tonight. I work in the computer room at the corporate office of a grocery chain. I surf this site while I'm working during our down time. One of the stores is just up the road about a block away. Aparently there was a shootout between a police officer and some guy walking through the neighborhood with a gun in his hand. I heard all of the sirens over the intercom and heard that they had roadblocks setup around the Store. Here's the story, it's already out there on the internet. Amazing how fast the internet works isn't it:

I edited out the name of the store since I work here. Don't want to get into any trouble Surprised

Man dies after officer shoots him outside Fairview Store
A 34-year-old Boise man died Friday night, less than two hours after he was shot by a Boise police officer in the parking lot of the ***** at Fairview and Milwaukee, police said. The man, whose name has not been released, was shot at least once in the chest, police said. Boise Police Officer Jeff Dustin, who works on the Bench patrol, shot the man after he repeatedly ignored commands to put the gun down. The resident of a home on Gawaine Street reported a suspicious person near an RV, and dispatchers issued an "attempt to locate" call on the suspect, Boise Police Capt. Mike Webb, deputy chief of operations, said. An officer spotted a man matching that description and followed him into the parking lot of ***** at Fairview and Milwaukee, Webb said. When the officer confronted the man, he turned toward the officer and pointed a handgun at him, Webb said. The officer felt threatened and fired "several" shots, Webb said, and at least one bullet struck the man in the chest. It is unknown at this time whether the man fired his gun, but the weapon was recovered, he said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 554 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:33 am
The moral of the story is if you're going shopping in Boise, keep your head down.

Laughing
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:43 pm
Joe Nation. Funny thing is, Having lived in a big city my self and now living in a small town like Boise, it's amazing the kinds of things that consume the news headlines for days. If this had happened in Portland it would likely be a one day news story and hardly a front page deal. Oh, another shooting...

But here, people are still talking about it. As tragic as it is, I think it's funny how people have nothing better to talk about here. I even got caught in the media trap by posting it here. After I posted it I got to thinking what do people outside of Boise care about a small town shooting? I'm desparate for news...
Not that I want bad things to happen, but it definitely makes for a better evening news...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This is what I did tonight
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:43:48