Enviro-Xmas

Chumly

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 10:58 am
This is what I've asked Mrs. Santa for Christmas:

1) Reduce phosphates: they are killing Canadian lakes, rivers and oceans etc by sapping them of oxygen. There are phosphate-free alternatives for laundry soap and dishwasher soap, plus you do not need fertilizer in your garden given composting alternatives.

2) Reduce driving: the Alberta Tar Sands are very toxic, they are destroying Canadian rivers and lakes etc plus the burning of fossil fuels is causing global warming.

3) Reduce excess packaging: when shopping complain to management about all the boxes, blister packs and Styrofoam etc.

4) Reduce home energy usage: turn off lights when not in the room even if it's inconvenient that they may take a bit of time to get to full output.

5) Give cash annually to Greenpeace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 616 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 11:35 am
@Chumly,
If there were a few dozen million more like this who would take the pledge.
Chumly

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:00 pm
@Ragman,
I hear you.

As a classic example, the thread entailed "Kindle, IPad or good old desktop?" http://able2know.org/topic/181870-1 has far more responses than this thread likely ever will; suggesting to me that needless consumerism* is far more important to most than ensuring mankind's survival. Tell me if that's not bizarre!

* Yes I'm guilty of same to some degree, but I do temper it with the fact that I will not have kids, plus support endeavors like Greenpeace.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Enviro-Xmas
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:10:54