What do you do when you're bored?

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:41 pm
I'm bored. I don't know what to do about it. I'm trying to figure out what I can do besides sitting at a computer to combat my boredom.

Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,471 • Replies: 22
No top replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:46 pm
Read a book or magazine.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:50 pm
Run out into the middle of the street, in the nude, and start screaming, "I am Gorgon, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Troops and I command you to surrender!"
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:52 pm
Or that.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:53 pm
Get drunk. Not only will it fill in some time, it gives you a new perspective on the things you were doing before. Particularly good if you happen to be involved in traffic control or the fast-food industry.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:01 pm
If you're sleepy, take a nap.

If you're not, and the weather permits, take a walk.

(ah...just noticed you live where a bit of snow fell recently...never mind the walk for now.)

Don't watch TV. DO read.

Or figure out a way to get a little exercise without going outside.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:46 pm
kickycan - It's been many years since I've been able to be bored.
It seems the older I get, the more involved I am in the things right around me and just explore, investigate, research and play.

I envy your ability to be so still and worry-free.
For those of us who have lack such a gift, could you tell us how to be bored?

No joke... Seriously, what could I possibly do to become bored?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:26 pm
Generally I don't watch TV unless I'm bored. However, if gus lived in my neighborhood, I'd never be bored. He always has something funny to say.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:48 pm
PDiddie wrote:
(ah...just noticed you live where a bit of snow fell recently...never mind the walk for now.)

Spoken like a true deep-in-the-heartan. (I thought you guys were supposed to be tough?)

DO go out for a walk! Snow and cold adds a lot. Gets the brain cells hopping.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:13 pm
uhm, i do nothing when i'm bored.....isn't that what makes you bored anyway? as soon as you start doing something, you're no long bored.... is that not so?
0 Replies

edfs

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:27 pm
bored
Use your search function.There are lots of interesting things you can find on the net.If you are interested in history,or literally anything,its there.My problem is I run into many links that takes me all over the place.Try this one:
who is live and who is dead
You get lots of info on intertainers
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:33 pm
when your bored
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:18 pm
I am not bored right now, even though I'm doing something really boring; writing to a bunch of strangers on the internet about how bored I am. Actually, how bored I was, since I'm not bored right now. But if I'm doing something boring, then wouldn't that mean I'm bored? No, it would mean I'm doing something boring, which is making me bored right now, which means that I am not bored right now, but that I soon will be. Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Oh let me just start over. I am not bored . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:45 pm
LOL! I have so much stuff that interests me that I never get bored. I do all kinds of crafts, home improvements, books, games, etcc...
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:54 pm
Learn how to play guitar. I play guitar all the time bored or not. Its a real time killer.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:16 pm
I don't understand how anyone can get bored with all there is to do. I never ever get bored unless I'm stuck at some event or something like that in which I'm completely uninterested.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:30 pm
The only time I'm bored is when I'm just too lazy to get up and do something. There's always something to do around here.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:45 pm
I occassionally sit in a chair and don't move a muscle for eight hours at a time.
Not pursuing anything at all, not working or doing, no TV or books,
just sitting and breathing, and I feel quite the opposite of bored!
The moment is literally wonder-full.

What would I have to do to become bored?!?

Is boredom actually a discomfort with ones Self,
the agitation of not wanting to face something inside?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:47 pm
Nothing much to do here on Mars sometimes, but lately the earthlings have been dropping space junk near by. It's fun to jam their signal and feed viruses to the onboard computer.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 12:26 am
Take a long bath and relax.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do you do when you're bored?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:30:54