3

How does the phrase "I think,therefore i am" prove i(the mind) exists?

Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 08:47 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...for all that I know, any time "data" is transferred from a "system" to another, something is being "observed" whatever that system might be...

Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 08:57 pm
@JLNobody,
you assuming "agent" clarifies anything...but you can't even be certain of "agency"..."process" is all you have...to my view a far wider and sobering term...
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...another one to party about is "awareness"...but yet again, if I say Earth is "aware" at all times of sun's gravitational pull am I lying, or saying something utterly wrong ? of course not...

Jasper10

0  
Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2020 07:23 am
@r3lax187,
The “i am” is aware of a lot of things one of which is thought.We are not thoughts we just have conscious outward thoughts and are aware (consciously or subconsciously) of incoming thoughts to varying degrees.