Crying

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:44 pm
Hi everyone.

Is there a way for a person to make themselves cry? Not for attention, but to release blocked up emotion to become clear headed once again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,606 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:47 pm
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:50 pm
Yes. Watch the tape of the Red Sox loss to the Yankees, game 7, ALCS.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:53 pm
lol...Thanks slappy, for making me laugh. Was kinda the opposite effect that i was looking for but, thanks.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:03 pm
When I was acting, I thought of dead relatives that in my heart I knew that I'd never see again when I needed to cry; maybe this could help?

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:09 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
When I was acting, I thought of dead relatives that in my heart I knew that I'd never see again when I needed to cry; maybe this could help?

Yup, think of something sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:22 pm
You can make yourself cry, but the fake induced emotion prolly won't give you the release your looking for.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:26 pm
And if all else fails, just imagine George Bush being elected again. That should do it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:27 pm
I believe she just wanted to cry, Montana, not run screaming . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:28 pm
You want to cry and you can't? That's sad (hand me an hankie). I can cry just by thinking about how my first dog died, but I think you'd have to be there.

Do you think a movie would do it? If you have something that is bothering you, death of someone close to you or relationship problems, then it might be best to find a movie that sort of reminds you of that.

Sad animal movies make me cry (heck, happy animal movies can make me cry). I'd say, rent a couple of these when you can be all by yourself so you don't feel embarassed. Be ready to laugh and cry. If you laugh hard, you can become emotional enough that you may cry as well. Drink some wine or beer to get loosened up, and try:

Seabiscuit
Incredible Journey
Old Yeller
National Velvet

also, these are known tear-jerkers:
Terms of Endearment
An Officer & A Gentleman
Ghost
Green Mile

Good...errr...luck.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:31 pm
Thanks, i've never been one to cry at movies and i'm way behond the point of thinking about sad things to make myself cry. I also thought about what you said brand X, I think i'm gonna need more then that to release properly. I just figured if I could get a little start then everything would just start flowing.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
I believe she just wanted to cry, Montana, not run screaming . . .

Good point. I surely don't want devistate her to that point.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:36 pm
Good choices in movies Piffka. I'm the same way. I cry when movies are happy or sad. I also cry when I think of pets that have died. Hell, I even cry sometimes when the winter is harsh and I think of all the poor animals out there in the wilderness.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:37 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Thanks, i've never been one to cry at movies and i'm way behond the point of thinking about sad things to make myself cry. I also thought about what you said brand X, I think i'm gonna need more then that to release properly. I just figured if I could get a little start then everything would just start flowing.

Definitely, it's all emotion, and if you're truly pent-up, then a little crying should push you over the edge. Just don't think about wanting to cry or, once you do cry, watch yourself crying. Know what I mean?

Youa could also push yourself physically. A long hard hike, followed by a scare might do it. Do you live near any steep mountains?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:43 pm
Thanks Piffka,
Good advise on the once i get crying thing. I've been trying to push myself physically the past two weeks by doing compulsive push ups and working out. It feels good but not good enough. And no, I moved away from the mountains a few years ago...lol.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:45 pm
Hey Montana... we cry alike! I can start sobbing watching nearly any horse race. It is so much effort and they are trying so hard... <waaah>
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:49 pm
I dreamt last night that my grandma had died unexpectedly and so of course i cryed and cryed in my dream, but the truth is I don't have a grandma and i have never had one, so I don't know where that came from. At least I can cry in my dreams.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:52 pm
Piffka
Ohhhhh, how I hear ya Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:53 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
I dreamt last night that my grandma had died unexpectedly and so of course i cryed and cryed in my dream, but the truth is I don't have a grandma and i have never had one, so I don't know where that came from. At least I can cry in my dreams.

Isn't that strange. I wonder why.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:02 pm
(((Montana))) It is good to cry at little things, I think. It keeps you soft.

I think, Stands Up, that this dream sounds like a good thing. Your psyche senses you need or want to cry and can't for whatever reason, so you cry in your dreams. That is really excellent.

Everybody has a grandma, or had one somewhere. Maybe you are partly mourning that lack of connection with her? I don't want to pry.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Crying
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 06:07:40